It is believed that the bathroom should be decorated in colors, which are dominated by traditional color accents - mostly white and blue. However, this opinion is a thing of the past. The modern bathroom interior can be painted in any color. One of these “revolutionary” solutions is the red bathroom.
Why the red bathroom?
To answer this question, you should first know how red color affects a person. It is believed that the red color gives a person vivacity, instills passion, evokes bright emotions, stimulates sexual energy. At the same time, there is a perception that any room, including a bathroom in the red style, can act depressingly on a person - up to serious diseases. This is especially true for impressionable people.
For this reason, the bathroom, decorated in a variety of shades of red, is more suitable for confident people. Such people tend to have a special taste. In addition, they are not afraid to change traditional ideas about anything. Based on the above, the bathroom is in red tones - just for such people.
What problems does the red room have?
Still, a red-trimmed room can cause some problems. Including, of course, and the bathroom in red:
- Perhaps not every family member will agree that the bathroom is exactly red, so before you start the “color revolution”, you should ask the opinions of each household.
- Red bathroom furniture is expensive. As well as the red sink, toilet, red cabinet, etc., therefore, before starting repairs, you should think about the high costs.
- During the repair, it is necessary to carefully monitor that the red color in the interior of the bathroom is harmoniously combined with other colors - otherwise the bathroom runs the risk of becoming a dreary red spot.
If all these problems are taken into account, you can proceed to the finish.
Some tricks with the design of the bathroom in red
Making out the bathroom in red color, it is necessary to comply with certain mandatory conditions so that all work as a result does not go down the drain:
- It is not necessary to do in the bathroom solid red walls. Here you can apply the so-called local method, for which the red tile for the bathroom is useful. That is, red tiles can be laid out only some part of the wall. Such a bright element is able to transform the whole room.
- If desired, you can trim the entire room in red. The red floor in the bathroom, as well as the red walls and the ceiling - is, after all, a matter of taste and temperament. However, here it should be noted that such finishing will be more profitable to look in a spacious room.
- If you think about the better to decorate the walls, here the red tile for the bathroom fits much better than the paint - for the reason that the tile is more resistant to moisture.
- Plumbing red tones - this is gorgeous. However, finding such plumbing is a problem. In addition, its price will be, as they say, "off scale." Here, however, the traditional white plumbing will fit perfectly.
- The same goes for furniture. Red bathroom furniture is not furniture consumer goods, but piece goods, which will have to be ordered. In other words, red bathroom furniture is expensive.
- Those who do not want the bathroom to be completely red can equip it with bright accents by placing red accessories to the bathroom. For example, towels, lamps, etc.
If these conditions are met, the red bathroom can be a masterpiece of design art.
The most advantageous red color looks in combination with other colors. When making a bathroom in red color must be considered:
- The combination of red and white is the traditional version. For greater harmony in this combination, you can add a brown color.
- It looks good combination of red and gray.
- If the bathroom is decorated in cherry color, a special charm here will give silver inserts.
- Red color along with black will make a classic bathroom.
- Suddenly and tempting will look a combination of red with yellow and green.
Of course, no one bothers to combine red with other colors: such experiments can give an unexpected result.
Some general guidelines
In conclusion, a few general guidelines for decorating the bathroom are red. If there is a lot of red color, then other colors are desirable to be "put down". Otherwise, the design will be overly variegated.
The larger the room, the more red can be in the design. In small rooms, red should be diluted with other colors, otherwise the room will appear even smaller. In general, it all depends on the desire, fantasy and temperament of the owners.