According to statistics, at present most of the world's population does not live in villages, but in cities. Life in megacities is tiring, and many people dream at least occasionally to live a village life. Going to meet numerous wishes, modern designers adopted the style of country architecture, which is commonly called "country", that is, "village". Country style, in turn, is divided into many species, the names of which depend on the country and era.
Provence is one of the most suitable styles for decorating a child’s room. Children's in this style are gentle combinations of colors, natural materials and pleasant textures.
Children's Provence style is good because it can be decorated in different ways, depending on the temperament of the child. The first option - calm, discreet interior colors, complemented by a bright accent. And the second option, the opposite of the first, when in a bright room design make a calm and unobtrusive color solutions: light upholstered furniture, pastel colors of wardrobes and drawers.
In order to recreate the village Provence in the nursery, you must still know the basic rules of style.
- The color design of the style implies dim, and sometimes even “aged” colors. White, beige, pale blue, pink, lilac and pastel colors can (but in a small amount) be combined with bright colors like blue, yellow, green.
- Curtains should also be light, light and transparent to contribute to a light, rustic style.
- Furniture in the nursery is best to choose natural. Cabinet furniture should have a lot of doors, drawers and shelves. Wicker tables, chairs and chairs will not only complement the style, but will also be safer for the child due to its lightness and the lack of sharp corners.
- Floors in the nursery to do better from natural material in a light palette and cover with plain or with vegetable and floral print rugs.
- Flowers on the windowsill and hanging pots complement the style and refresh the room.
- Textiles for children in the style of Provence is better to take in soft light and pastel colors. Textiles must have a finish of ruche, embroidery, lace.
- A lot of toys, useful gizmos and just trinkets diversify the interior of the children's room and bring to it a feeling of joy and naivety.
We must not forget that a variety of textiles for the children's room in the style of Provence - pillows, tablecloths, bed linen, blankets, should be exclusively from natural materials of light shades with a simple (floral, striped, checkered) pattern.
Today, in furniture stores, you can choose a Provence-style children's suite, which has all the necessary pieces of furniture for children of any age. It can include a cot, bedside table, children's wardrobe, children's sofa and chairs. The peculiarity of the style is that such children's furniture is convenient for both children and teenagers. Cabinets, dressers, bedside tables that have many drawers, niches and shelves are suitable for storing toys and for storing things necessary for teenagers. These are books and textbooks, school supplies and various equipment.
For teens more suitable modular nursery in the French country style. After all, teenagers are very demanding of the space in their room and love to arrange the furniture themselves to your liking. Instead of a bed in their room, it is best to place a children's sofa with transformer functions. On this couch you can not only sleep, but also chat with friends.
A children's bedroom in the same style for newborns will be the perfect solution, because the bright and peaceful design is the best for the baby. Designers have specially developed a set of furniture for the little ones, which includes a cot or a cradle, a changing table, a chest of drawers, a bedside table, a table for feeding. The color solution of children's furniture for newborns is designed to soothe the baby, and at the same time fill the interior of the children's room with French calmness.
Children's furniture in Provence style may imply the presence of forged elements to make the furniture of the old look, and therefore when choosing furniture in the nursery, you must take into account the age of the child and his temperament. An active child, playing around, may accidentally get hurt, but in the room of older children and adolescents graceful and light forging on the back of the bed, shelf or lamps can bring a special rural flavor to the interior of the room.
Features of children's Provence style for girls
Children's for girls has its own characteristics in the color design of the room, and in the details. A distinctive feature of the girl room in Provence style is the presence of such elements:
- canopy over the bed;
- light blond with ruffles flowered curtains;
- beautiful veil framed with lace;
- bright cushions with floral print;
- walls decorated with carved photo frames;
- soft toys and statues in the style of Provence, decorative bird cages and pots with fresh flowers;
- chandelier with floral mini shade;
- light wicker baskets for toys.
The French nursery for girls is a room for real princesses, and therefore the interior in white and pink, pistachio and delicate pastel colors will be the perfect solution.
Features of the nursery for boys
Provence style for a boy is not just light-colored furniture and a certain decor, but also the inner state of a child. Because this style has its own characteristics for performance in the interior of the room for the boy.
- The most common colors for interior decoration - cream, white, pale blue, green.
- The print used in the decoration is most often peas, a cage, a floral ornament, images of birds and animals.
- The floor and ceiling should be light tones. The walls can be sheathed clapboard or wood paneling.
- In the room of a teenage boy cream and white furniture will look great. In particular, the white corner sofa, which can be supplemented with a floor lamp in the style of "Provence".
- Elements of forging will also be the hallmark of the room for a boy.
- Curtains and flooring (carpet) should be left in plain colors.
- The boys' furniture is calmer and cooler in color, while the decorative elements and accessories perform the function of “lightening” the room and have brighter and warmer colors.
- The walls are decorated with photo frames and decorative plates with scenes of hunting and fishing.
Not all boys are active and restless, and the style of Provence is for thoughtful and inquisitive people.
Separately, it must be said about the features of the decoration of the children's room. In the Provencal style in children's rooms it is not recommended to use rough wall decorations, stone or brick masonry. Materials for finishing the nursery must choose environmentally friendly and safe. One of the creative solutions in this style can be hand-painted wall decoration. Animal and floral motifs are the unique and romantic decoration of the children's room in Provence style.