Acrylic wallpaper is a novelty in the field of decorating, which has a large number of undeniable advantages. This is an analogue of vinyl foam wallpaper. Acrylic is characterized by high performance properties. It is resistant to abrasion and will serve its owner for a long period of time. Acrylic wall-paper differs in the acceptable cost, and their design opportunities blow the mind.
Moreover, it is an environmentally friendly polymer material. It allows the walls to breathe and does not release toxic substances into the environment. In this regard, it can be safely used for a bedroom or children's room. Material will not cause troubles in leaving. He is not afraid of mechanical damage and is ideal for homes with animals or small children.
Today, popular wallpaper with acrylic coating. They are characterized by high aesthetic appeal. On the surface of these wallpapers are a variety of embossed elements. Typically, the drawing is similar to any spectacular points or strokes of the artist. Many designers prefer to choose the original wallpaper with acrylic coating. They look unusual and fill the room with special charm.
Acrylic wallpaper on the consumer market appeared recently. In this regard, there are not so many varieties. However, the variety of colors and textures is huge. There are two main types of acrylic wallpaper:
- Acrylic wallpaper applied on a paper base. This type of wallpaper is considered the most environmentally friendly. It is usually chosen for the nursery or bedroom. The main thing when applying this type of wallpaper is to apply glue in the required amount. If there is a lot of glue, then the wallpaper can tear in the process. It is recommended to stick a freshly smeared strip quickly and neatly onto the wall. Stripes are smeared with glue alternately. Paper acrylic wallpaper is inexpensive.
- Acrylic wallpaper with non-woven base. In this case, non-woven base can perform a reinforcing function. Such non-woven wallpaper will not break even in the case when there is an unfinished crack on the wall. These wallpapers are easy to apply, as they do not need to spread with glue. They just need to take and stick.
Features of the application of wallpaper on the wall
If you do not know how to glue acrylic wallpaper, then after reading the instructions on this issue, you can independently apply the material on the wall. Each owner dreams of an inexpensive and good-quality wall decoration. The process of sticking depends on what type of wallpaper you have chosen. The most important thing to consider when sticking acrylic wallpapers:
- The correct selection of adhesive composition. It is not recommended to use universal glue. It is more expedient to take one that is specifically designed for acrylic wallpaper.
- Proper application. Glue-coated wallcovering should be applied to the surface through proper smoothing. Do not use a plastic spatula for this purpose. It is better to perform the smoothing process using a roller.
If the acrylic wallpaper is applied to the wall correctly, then they will for a long time please you with their unsurpassed appearance. In general, the sticking of acrylic wallpaper is similar to the technique of applying other materials. But there are still some nuances that are important to observe. Consider the main stages of gluing acrylic wallpaper on the wall:
- Prepare the wall surface under the wallpaper. To do this, walls must be cleaned of high quality old material. In order for the old material to come off faster, it is required to apply a soap solution on the material. Wallpapers that are soaked can be easily removed with a spatula. Emulsion paint from walls can be removed using a metal spatula. Wall, cleared of wallpaper, you will need to check for the presence of air gaps. The surface of the wall will need to be primed. This prevents the formation of mold and unwanted peeling of the material.
- Selection of optimally suitable wallpaper glue. It is better to choose the glue manufacturer. Consider the basis of the wallpaper (paper, non-woven).
- Marking the wall. This must be done to ensure that the wallpaper was applied smoothly and correctly.
- Cutting the roll and applying glue. In the process of cutting required to adopt the features of the pattern or pattern, as well as when working with paper wallpaper. The wallpaper sheet is impregnated with the adhesive composition with a small and neat layer. It is necessary to exclude disintegration. If the wallpaper on non-woven base, the application of glue may not be required.
- Gluing the canvas to the surface of the wall. Indoors during this process all windows and doors should be closed. The canvas is applied to the wall. The edge of the canvas must match the markup. New stripes should be mated with glued elements. Wallpaper smoothed roller. All allowances are trimmed with a stationery knife.
- Exposure and drying. These are the final stages of work. A room with wallpaper pasted in should remain closed for 1-2 days.
How to care for acrylic wallpaper?
If you purchased acrylic wallpaper, then you should additionally read the information on how to properly care for this material. Required to learn how to clean wallpaper from acrylic. This process is not difficult and does not take much time. Do not use in the process of cleaning the surface abrasive compounds, as they can harm the wallpaper, ruining their appearance.
The process of cleaning the surface from dirt and dust is recommended using a soft cloth and detergent. Detergents should also be gentle. If you do not have information about whether your detergent is suitable for acrylic, it is better to refuse it. Most of the dirt is easily removed from the acrylic wall with clean water.
Acrylic wallpaper will fill your home with coziness and comfort. This material is durable and with proper use will last for a long period of time. Acrylic wallpaper is a winning option for walls and ceilings. They are glued easily, conveniently and rather quickly.