Wallpaper - a type of finishing material, glue them at the final stage of repair. Successful combinations can be obtained with the use of two or more types, but then there is a difficult, but solvable problem - matching the wallpaper.
What inventory will be needed at work?
If you hire experienced workers to do the work, you will have to spend about as much on the services as on the material. When self-pasting money can be saved, but with the process of performing work and all the necessary at the same time will have to familiarize themselves.
- knife for cutting wallpaper;
- glue bucket;
- brushes of different widths for applying glue to the wallpaper;
- wallpaper spatula;
Work with pasting walls can be started only if all of the above.
When pasting walls, most people face the problem of uneven corners. It will be especially intimidating for those who do not know how to do wallpaper when sticking. In fact, there are no ideally smooth corners, therefore, in the process of work, distortions or unevenness of the pattern may form. It is possible to avoid such errors, but efforts must be made.
The complexity of the work of matched wallpaper also depends on the type. When working with a paper sheet, apply glue, glue the wallpaper to the wall as quickly as possible, because otherwise they may spread. It will be especially difficult if there is a pattern. We must be prepared for the fact that more than one canvas will deteriorate in the process.
Overlap is permissible, but it depends on the density of the canvas. Adhere to the necessary rules: greater density wallpaper require less overlap. If glass fiber is used, even the slightest overlay will be visible.
Non-woven wallpaper, features work with them
The reason for the popularity of non-woven wallpaper is that they have qualities that are not specific to other species. These include:
- tensile strength;
- fire safety;
- excellent heat and sound insulation;
- do not change color when hit by sunlight;
- are available both in a cheap version and quite expensive.
Glue for non-woven wallpaper is a powder that must be diluted in water. It is necessary to strictly follow the instructions on the packaging. Otherwise, the wallpaper may stick badly to the wall or blister. After applying the glue, let it soak into the sheet.
To get acquainted with how to do the job, will help the following algorithm.
- Pasting of the wall should begin with a vertical line, drawn with a plumb line. From the corner it should be at a distance of 15 cm.
- Stripes can be cut immediately, but only if the wallpaper does not have a picture.
- Prepare the glue in the amount required for the day of work. Excess glue may deteriorate the next day.
- Cut the canvas, leaving a bit of stock.
- Wallpapers lay face to the table and apply glue. After that, the canvas must be folded edges to the center and allowed to soak.
- Start pasting from the ceiling, moving to the bottom of the canvas. Expel air with a spatula from the center to the edges. Remove excess glue with a damp cloth.
- A new canvas must be glued to the joint in relation to the previous one. This technique will help avoid curvature and discrepancy in the patterns.
- After the wallpaper has been docked, they must be carefully covered with a spatula.
At the end of pasting it is necessary to maintain the humidity of the air in the room, a stable temperature. Otherwise, the joints may begin to flake off.
How to do wallpaper on the corners?
Correctly paste the wallpaper in the corners will help the following algorithm.
- Preparation of the corner. Such work is carried out when plastering walls. Special plastic corners set in the corner of the wall. Fixed on putty. Next, perform the alignment.
- Pasting corners wallpaper. When an uneven wall to keep the picture on the canvas will help him trim in the corner. Plot the corner grease glue. Glue start from top to bottom from left to right.
- Leveling the canvas. Responsible leveling of the canvas on the wall will help to get rid of defects and achieve good adhesion to the surface. The joint should not exceed 5 mm. After the wallpaper has been glued, the remainder, if any, is cut with a clerical knife.
Wallpaper with a pattern
The presence of the pattern on the wallpaper complicates the process of pasting both corners and walls. In the presence of vertical lines, distortions in the corners of the room are immediately apparent in the eyes, with horizontal drawings - an overlap of the canvases or a misalignment of the ceiling to the floor.
To avoid such troubles will help the following tips:
- it is necessary to do a small overlap on the previous canvas;
- if a curvature has formed, it is necessary to transfer it to the upper part, then hide it behind the panels;
- a smooth edge must be glued on a plumb, the excess part cut off with a clerical knife.
Compliance with these tips will help minimize the curvature, more successfully dock the wallpaper.
There are several universal options for joints that will fit different types of wallpaper:
- make a classic joint. Wallpaper on the wall are glued with non-smeared edges. Next is to draw a line, cut the joint. After that, the non-lubricated part is treated with glue, glued.
- horizontal stripes. In this case, draw a flat line on the level, paste the top, then the bottom.
Of course, for a beginner in pasting wallpaper, difficulties may arise, but the desire to learn, to make himself pleasant, will help to overcome all difficulties and the next time it will be much easier.