Watering indoor plants is the basic procedure for nursing. In this regard, this issue should be given special attention. In nature, plants get their moisture in the required amount from the earth, air and in the process of rain. At home, plants can quench their thirst if they are watered by the owner.
How to water indoor flowers and how to choose? There are many ways to water a plant today:
- Watering by immersion. With this method of watering the flower pot will need to be immersed in a container with cold water. The pot must be held until it absorbs the required amount of moisture. The water level should approximately reach the middle of the pot. The time spent by the plant in water depends on how dry the soil is. As soon as you notice that the soil has become wet, the pot can be removed from the tank.
- Top watering plants. This system is considered traditional. It is mainly used by a large number of people. With this method of watering the upper part of the soil is longer in the wet state.
- The use of potter hamburger technology. It is necessary to take a little larger than a pot capacity or a pot. At the bottom of the pot will need to put a wet rag, sponge. Holes between pots can be closed so that the moisture evaporates, as little as possible.
- Increased ambient humidity. Plants get moisture not only from the soil, but also from the air. You can put the pots of plants above water. The bottom of the pot can be sprinkled with pebbles or any other stones.
- Gravitational watering. With this system, the water will flow into the pot using a conductor. In the role of the conductor is usually used some kind of rope. The rope can be cotton or polyethylene. We lower one end in a vessel with water, suspended or installed side by side, and the other end is immersed in the soil. This option can serve as an excellent solution if you want to water the indoor plants during the holidays.
- Wicky watering. In the role of the wick serves a piece of cloth or rope, which is placed in the pot. It will serve as a conductor of moisture through the drainage hole. We put the upper end of the wick on the bottom or on the drainage material. Hang the rest of the rope through the drain hole in the pot. With the help of capillary movement of water, the liquid will gradually flow into the pot. To improve aeration, it is recommended to use special drainage materials.
- Capillary watering using sand. It is necessary to take a small and wide pallet, pouring there washed sand. The height of the sand should be five centimeters or more. In this tray you must install pots that have a drain hole. In the sand pan it is also necessary to install a water bottle, which will gradually saturate the sand with moisture.
- Capillary supply of moisture using matter. The same effect as in the previous method of irrigation can be achieved by using a piece of matter. The free edge of the rag will need to be put in a nearby vessel with water, and the other should be sent to the pot. It is desirable for this purpose to use a material that has the ability to quickly absorb water. Terry towel is a great solution for this method.
- Drip irrigation system. Drip irrigation for indoor or garden plants is an excellent solution for the constant supply of water to plants with the necessary amount of moisture. With this method of watering the soil will not dry out and suffer from a lack of nutrients. Water is supplied with a drip tape or hose. Feed type can be gravitational or forced. Water from the source is supplied to the plants through pipes with branches. Ordinary fittings can be used as branches. So the flowers during the holidays will not wither.
Many growers are wondering about which water is best to water. Of course, the water that is supplied from the tap, is unsuitable for high-quality watering. If you water this water, then gradually in the pots will accumulate chlorine and various metals that can destroy the plant. Boiled water for watering room flowers does not contain these components, but it is not a way out. First of all, not every plant will benefit from a teapot raid, and secondly, all useful microflora disappears when boiling.
The optimal solution is tap water, but it must be separated. In order for the water to settle, you will need to leave an open dish with water in a dark room for several hours. Water will reach room temperature, and chlorine will evaporate.
How often to water indoor plants? Watering plants should be carried out depending on the humidity in the room, temperature and type. Therefore, the question of how many times watering should be decided individually. When leaving for a long time you can organize automatic watering. As a rule, most plants need watering once a week.
Hydrogen peroxide irrigation to improve growth
It is necessary to learn how to track signs of moisture deficiency in a plant well. As a rule, in such a situation in most plants the leaves hang, look wrinkled and drooping. If the plant blooms, it will fold its buds. With an excess of moisture, on the contrary, the leaves become excessively watery, they may turn yellow. Thus, watering plants should be correct and in moderation.
In order to perform watering to improve the state of the flowers in the room, you will need to mix 2 tablespoons of peroxide with one liter of water. Everything must be thoroughly mixed and watered.
With systematic and competent watering any plant can boast a healthy appearance. It is necessary to correctly approach the choice of irrigation method, to observe the period.