Over time, when the child grows out of the cradle, adults need to decide what to buy in return. If space permits, buy a bed. For small apartments or children's room, a reasonable solution would be a folding child seat.
The best option for small or removable rooms. In addition, the chair-bed has a lot of advantages:
- safety - chairs for the smallest with sides on the sides give the child a sense of peace, while maintaining the "cradle effect";
- compactness - will fit even into a small children's room;
- two in one - during the day it is a comfortable place to sit, and at night a place to sleep;
- functionality - chair-beds, as a rule, are equipped with boxes for storing bedding, toys. This allows you to significantly increase the usable space;
- simplicity of folding mechanisms - in modern constructions folding mechanisms are so simple that a child can easily turn his personal chair into a bed;
- ease of transportation is important for families living in rented apartments and often changing their place of residence.
A compact children's chair-bed will be a good solution also for parents whose child sleeps in their bedroom. This happens for several reasons: the bedroom is only one, the apartment is one-bedroom, the child is afraid to stay in the room alone or fall ill.
What to consider when choosing?
If financial opportunities allow, it’s not worth saving money when choosing child seats. It is better to prefer a model with a strong frame, so that it can withstand the hyperactivity of the little owner. A berth requires a reliable transformation mechanism, since it is assumed that the chair will unfold-fold daily. And of course, the furniture must have security certificates, which is not provided for in the cheaper versions.
Must be no less than the width of the palm of your hand with a surface of medium hardness that is flat, without distortions and folds. The mattress is necessary if the chair consists of segments between which in the unfolded position there are gaps or irregularities. If in doubt, the orthopedic properties can be checked. It is convenient enough to lie down on the mattress and relax.
It's not just about providing healthy sound sleep. The child grows constantly, especially intensively in a dream. In order to form a skeleton correctly, the posture was beautiful, you need to spend money on a very high-quality performance. Then you will not have to lay out much larger sums for treatment.
High-quality children's chairs-beds are equipped with two types of transformation mechanisms: an accordion and a roll-out (or canape). They are the most reliable, easy to use, available even to children.
It is named so by the similarity of the mechanism that folds the bed of three sections of an accordion. Convenience add springs in the box. The transformation of the chair into an accordion bed takes place by going forward. This must be taken into account when choosing the seat installation position in the room: there must be enough space in front.
Valued for durability and reliability. Wheelchairs with wheels easily withstand intensive use. To bed slept, just pull the loop. The seat turns out to be the middle, a headboard is formed from the back.
Other modifications are also available, with dimensions for two children.
The resistance of the mechanism to wear, ease of management increases the service life of furniture. Quality folding chairs are always transformed into a bed easily inaudibly.
For children's beds, it is made of wood, aluminum or steel. When choosing a model with a wooden structure, you need to keep in mind that it is quite massive, and if the material used is low-grade, then it will crack in time, and the chair will begin to creak.
Must be from safe for health tissues, so that the child does not suffer from allergies. When buying, be sure to verify this with the appropriate certificates.
If the child seat is located in a one-room apartment, the design and colors should, if possible, be in harmony with the overall interior.
Armchair beds for boys and girls
The child’s own seat should be interesting in design, in a bright range. Of course, for boys and girls, they will be different.
Child chair-bed for a boy should have upholstery "male" subjects: cars, appliances, space. Teenagers, imitating adults, choose, as a rule, monochrome, that is, in one color option.
Chair beds for the girl are presented so widely that they allow you to embody the most incredible fantasies. It can be a crimson or pink throne chair or a four-poster bed. Children like armchairs of other interesting forms with the image of cartoon characters, fairy-tale characters, animals. The color palette is bright and rich.
They are bought if the child’s room is large enough or there is a place in another room in the apartment in order to supply a large-sized model. Ideally, they should be made of real wood, but this is not available to everyone, MDF can be a good substitute. In any case, it should be a bed with an orthopedic mattress.
Types of designs
Based on the dimensions and design features there are several types.
- Classic. The most popular option for parents whose children are already on the threshold of school. These beds can be supplemented with removable fences: they will insure the child against a possible fall during sleep, and parents will give peace of mind. Over time, the sides can be removed, and the bed will be quite "adult."
- Bunk Suitable for a family with two children of about the same age. In a small room, space is thus saved. However, the upper tier is necessarily equipped with a high protective side, and the stairs to the second floor should be non-slip with wide, even steps.
- Transformers. The most practical option. You can choose a modification and increase the size, up to two meters in length. There are several ways: tilting, lifting or rolling out. Retractable beds relieve the issue of lack of free space: one bed easily turns into a full two.
- "Attic". Non-standard solution. Able to teach a child to keep the nursery in order. The lower tier is a “business” zone with a table, a wardrobe, and other necessary things. Once upstairs, the child can immediately go to bed. However, safety is first of all, therefore the attic necessarily has high lateral sides, and the staircase is equipped with non-slip comfortable steps and handrails.
For children from three years
As a children's bed from 3 years old, a two-tier model is definitely contraindicated. No matter how much a child asks, parents should not be led by, because even high sides do not guarantee complete safety. This is a great solution for families with older children.
All furniture for toddlers should have soft armrests and rounded corners so that the child does not get injured or fall in a dream.
For children from five years
This age is a transition between the need for parental care and the desire for independence. And children's beds from 5 years old can also be considered an intermediate modification: not a cradle, but not a full-fledged adult bed.
There are two different lengths on the market:
- up to one and a half meters, narrower compared to the standard;
- up to two meters of standard width.
Each species has advantages and disadvantages. The advantages of shorter beds:
- compact, able to fit into a small children's room;
- leaves more room for games;
- performed in a bright interesting design;
- cheaper than standard analogues.
Minus - limited lifetime. The child grows quickly, and even a strong bed will be small to him, so if you don’t want to pay twice, it’s better to immediately buy a full-fledged model up to two meters long.