Almost every person at least once in his life thought about repairing a bathroom. Everybody wants to have a beautiful bathroom with high quality tiles. In order that appearance of a tile had beauty and quality, corners are applied to a tile in a bathroom. They also extend the life of the tile floor and create a neat look for the room. Corner for tiles allows you to make corners with a high degree of accuracy.
Features and classification
Corners for tiles are considered finishing materials, giving aesthetics and completeness to the interior. Their main advantages include:
- allow you to accurately arrange the joints in difficult areas;
- used during tile laying and after final works;
- complement the aesthetics of the interior.
The following varieties are known for their artistic qualities:
- decorative - created for decoration, can be made in various colors and shapes;
- functional - the rest, not related to the performance of decorative functions.
The functional type is durable and durable. The decorative look is most often made from PVC, but options from ceramics are possible.
The use of the corners between the tiles is justified by the following advantages:
- facilitating the laying process due to the exclusion of tile trimming;
- increase the strength of the walls - connect the rows between the corners;
- increase of moisture resistance of a tile. Exception: the appearance of fungus and mold in the tile seam;
- reduction of injury risk - the outer corner makes blunt joints, which eliminates the appearance of injury when falling;
- reduction of chips when trimming tiles;
- beautiful veneer - based on the use of ornamental species.
These structural details due to a number of advantages are the most suitable use for repair. Moreover, the complexity of the process is reduced.
The use of corners varies depending on the type. If you just want to refine the room, then fit plastic models. Ceramic elements are expensive, so they will make the room "rich". In retro-style brass profile is used or in conjunction with chrome.
In order for the result to be satisfactory, the following rules should be followed:
- when using metal angles, one should check the evenness, since curvature can lead to damage of the calculation;
- the use of the profile will positively affect the strength of the structure;
- preliminary measurements of the height of the wall, taking into account the ceiling and curb elements, will eliminate unnecessary manipulations with trimming the facing details;
- Laying should begin at an angle that takes the first look, so that it is neat when subsequent difficulties appear;
- in the situation of uncertainty in the choice of color gamma, one should be guided by the optimal application of the outer metal element;
- plastic corners and corners for ceramic tiles in size should be 2-3 mm thicker than the tile itself in order to fit the notch.
Fixing the corners is easy, but you need to do everything carefully and carefully.
Installation of the outer corner
External corners give extra strength to the protruding part at the joint. Corners can be made of PVC, metal and ceramics. Installation scheme:
- measure the desired size and cut;
- attach temporarily to the corner of the wall;
- put tiles and mark in both channels;
- remove tiles;
- in the area of the corner to smear glue and place the profile according to the marks;
- using a spatula with teeth to distribute the glue on the tile and place it in the slots;
- tightly press the profile and tile to the wall;
- clean the outer surface from glue by wiping it dry;
- using masking tape, fasten both tiles and a corner for a day.
Ceramic corner for bathroom tiles are used for two purposes: to achieve the evenness of the corner zone and to give the artistic beauty of the surface. The color image can be black, color or chrome or have a brass shade, depending on the entire interior of the room. You can use contrasting colors.
If the room is constantly wet, then you should purchase a profile with a rubber gasket to ensure sealing.
Installation of the inner corner
The inner corner for the tile in the bathroom helps to arrange the inner corner area. It can be made of ceramics or aluminum, as well as be a flexible PVC profile. The main stages of the process:
- apply glue to the tile;
- apply glue to the wall where the internal profile will be placed;
- place a corner;
- install the tile in the channel of the profile and glue it (using the construction cross to observe the gap with the previous tile);
- paste another tile by placing in the channel of the profile;
- after a day make decorative grout.
Many are interested in the question of how to glue a plastic corner. To do this, use waterproof glue or silicone sealant.