The interior of a room without upholstered furniture is devoid of meaning, because it is she who creates comfort and coziness, gives each design a charming uniqueness. Perhaps it is the sofa that sets the mood for the whole atmosphere. The design of this piece of furniture has not changed much. Thanks to the refined combination of new types of upholstery, the use of modular systems, modern sofas are able to satisfy the whim of any naughty customer.
The advantages of sofas without armrests
Orthopedic sofas without armrests are a universal berth. A person of any height can comfortably and comfortably seat on it. And certainly the model will appeal to very tall people, who sometimes have to huddle and suffer, putting their feet on the armrest.
Sofas are available stationary and modular types. In the first case, the model has a certain framework that cannot be changed (not disassembled and not completed). In cases with modular systems, the buyer can play with the geometry of the furniture, the number of seats.
What type of sofa is better to buy and how to choose the right model - not idle questions, because the furniture is different in appearance, shape of legs and upholstery color, type of filler and type of frame. Familiarity with the different characteristics of sofas will help you make the right choice.
Appearance of sofas
The traditional is the division of sofas on the corner, straight and island.
Direct sofas without armrests have the form extended in a line. The depth of the seat is determined by the presence / absence of a built-in folding bed. Sofas without a folding bed are compact (the depth of the seat is about 60 cm). Similar models, as a rule, are completed with legs.
Island sofas are placed only in the center of the room and do not involve the creation of a berth. A feature of these models is the decorated back wall at the back, so this sofa looks good from all sides. If the back of the sofa has a rounded shape, then put it against the wall does not work, which can be considered a minus of the model.
For those who like to rearrange the furniture, you definitely should look at straight sofas. This model is easier to rearrange and combine with other furniture (chairs, tables, cabinets), and corner models deserve the attention of lovers of free space. Also, thanks to this sofa, you can visually zone the room: separate the dining area in the studio apartment or unusually shield the work area.
The sofa-book on the metal frame without armrests is the most popular type of sofa, on which it is convenient to sit both sitting and lying down (even if it is folded). To disassemble it, it is enough to raise the seat a little, and then lower it. The model is formed in the same way: the seat rises until the mechanism triggers (a click sounds) and then goes down. The minus of the model can be considered free space behind the back of the sofa, necessary for the free folding of furniture. Although, if the sofa rarely understands, then you can push it to the wall.
The model of click-klyak is a type of sofa-book of the improved look, which got its name from the sound that is heard when unfolding. Advantage - three options for the location of the back: for sitting, half-sitting and lying. Since the sofa on the metal frame without armrests looks compact, it is ideally suited for arranging the situation of small apartments.
Sofa accordion without armrests. A simple transformation mechanism and compact dimensions make the model known and in demand. The berth consists of three folding parts, one of which is the seat, the other two are the back.
When unfolding the product, the seat moves forward until the backrest is unfolded. Then the seat will rise and after the clack of the mechanism is lowered. The backrest blocks are laid horizontally. The model on the metal frame without armrests is great for small rooms, as it does not need to be moved away from the wall when unfolding.
Eurobook sofa without armrests. Simple transformation mechanisms help the elderly and children to use the sofa with ease, and thanks to a simple control system, these models will work longer than other folding sofas. In order to expand the furniture, the seat moves forward, and the back is placed on the empty seat. The sofa with a box for linen can be installed anywhere in the room.
Sofa "French folding bed". The principle of operation of such models can be compared with the unfolding scroll. For the organization of the bed seat cushion removed. Folded cot must be pulled up and over, and then deploy and install on the legs of the arc. The peculiarity of the model is safety for the flooring, as in the process of unfolding the legs do not move along the floor.
A variety of models, layout mechanisms and types of upholstery allow you to choose the product that is most suitable for a particular purpose, so the following types of furniture can be classified by purpose:
- office furniture reflects the image of the company, so leather sofas without armrests are the most common models for official furnishings. For spacious rooms, an angular model or modular systems will do, and for a personal reception in the office it is better to put a mini-sofa without armrests. Particular attention is paid to the filler and upholstery, as well as the frame, as the furniture is purchased for a long time;
- for the living room pick up sofas according to the style of the room. Sofas without armrests stand out for their laconic design and are perfect for both spacious rooms and small ones (due to the possibility of approaching the sofa from different sides). Geometric shapes of furniture are ideal for high-tech, minimalism and loft interiors;
- sofas in the kitchen are selected depending on the area of the room. The spacious kitchen sometimes serves as a dining room and living room, so a comfortable sofa in the room is more than appropriate. Both straight and corner models look great. The main requirements for furniture: practical upholstery (easy to wash), durable frame, functionality (sofas for small kitchens are equipped with storage boxes for utensils);
- The children's room is furnished with durable and easy-to-use furniture, so suitable options are eurobook models with a box for linen and click-dang. The sofa accordion on the metal frame when folded has a compact size and fits perfectly into the atmosphere of a teenager's room. Children's sofa does not have to play the role of a bed. In the spacious room, in addition to the bed, it is advisable to put a small double sofa - for guests and just for games. An interesting model will be with removable pillows that children can shift;
- in the hallway sofa without armrests - the most suitable option. The furniture in the hallway is no longer considered a luxury item, because it is much more comfortable to take off / shoe shoes, comfortably seated on the sofa-baby. Suitable options - single or double sofa without armrest, upholstered in eco-leather. If the corridor is not wide, then you can order a narrow sofa.
If you immediately determine the "responsibilities" of the sofa, it will be easier to choose the appropriate model. However, the interior style, the number of tenants, and the time that the family likes to spend on the sofa in front of the TV or at the dinner table also deserve attention.
You can not clearly distinguish the parameters of sofas. Each manufacturer is guided by their own ideas about comfort.
It is conditionally possible to distinguish compact models designed for 2-3 people, and three-dimensional structures designed for four or more people.