Water is the source of life. Clean water - the guarantee of health and longevity. Currently, the water entering the apartments and houses does not always meet the desired requirements, so many use additional water treatment technologies. One of these methods is the method of using a ceramic filter.
Ceramic water filter is a block structure of metal-ceramic membranes. The entire structure is housed in steel. Metal-ceramic membranes are formed by one or several tubes consisting of channels. The internal area of the channels is covered with a membrane with thin pores. The diameter of the channels reaches 0.05-0.1 microns. The thickness of the membrane coating is 5 microns.
The method of water purification implies a flow-through view of water intake. Water, passing through numerous small pores and yielding to the pressure of the water supply, is divided into filtered and concentrated parts. Small and large contaminants are trapped by the filter. However, some ions of salt compounds also pass through the membrane.
Depending on the brand and model, ceramic filters for water treatment can cope with various components. Ceramic base involves the removal of 99% of contaminants and particles. Types of pollution:
- harmful microorganisms (Escherichia coli, cholera, Giardia, Salmonella, etc.);
- heavy metal forms;
- organic matter (including petroleum products);
These types of filters are not designed to exclude fluoride from water. But you can buy a special auxiliary nozzle used for cleaning from this compound.
Ceramic models have several advantages when purifying water:
- strength - the filter does not break down, does not interact with acids and alkalis, and is resistant to high temperatures;
- replacement of components is not required;
- the possibility of washing in manual mode;
- during long-term operation, the level of water quality does not decrease, but only productivity decreases;
- cleaning can be done with a sponge for washing dishes;
- canning is not required;
- long service life - more than 10 years.
Having high efficiency indicators and many advantages, such filters occupy leading places in the range of water filtration systems.
Along with the advantages, some disadvantages of the ceramic filtration system are known:
- high price due to the complexity of manufacturing;
- the inability to eliminate chlorine compounds and hard salts — this requires additional sorption equipment and emollient cartridges.
The presence of many positive qualities emphasizes the shortcomings of these systems.
Ceramic membrane filters are widely used in private and public life. This design can be used in such places:
- country house;
- a private house;
- educational institution;
- production based on the manufacture of sterilized water.
Water passing through this system is considered quite drinkable. The safety of the produced water has been proven by many experiments.
Regarding the shape and diameter of the membranes, there are the following types of ceramic filter:
- Microfiltration - the thickness of the membrane coating is 0.2-4.0 microns. It is used for fine purification of water.
- Ultrafiltration - the thickness of the membrane coating is 0.02-0.2 microns. It is similar in use to microfiltration.
- Nanofiltration - the thickness of the membrane layer ranges from 0.001 to 0.01 microns. It is used to remove excess salt content.
There are various types of filtration systems on the market. Membrane filtration is distinguished by its features from other types. For example, in comparison with cartridge filters, ceramic filtering does not require the constant replacement of expensive consumables.
The ozone filtration system involves the removal of bacteria and disinfection, and the membrane method also allows you to eliminate many chemical compounds. Moreover, membranes require a mechanism of such complex maintenance and careful operation, like an ozone filter.
When compared with a reverse osmosis system, the ceramic system also benefits. This is due to the fact that during cleaning it leaves the necessary salts and minerals in contrast to the reverse osmotic method.
Selection rules and application
Using the filtering system in the house, it is convenient to mount the filter under the sink. Such an arrangement of the structure suggests a favorable position relative to the central water supply and convenient access with the next service.
Filter selection rules:
- Regarding the size of the structure, the term of operation to the required maintenance, work efficiency and convenient installation of the unit are determined.
- In relation to the chemical and biological properties of water, a special filter is selected with specific functions.
When purchasing a ceramic filter, you should remember about the principles of system maintenance. Some models are equipped with self-healing function. Such species do not require parsing the block. If there are models with no such function, you should analyze the structure under the sink and clean it with water and a soft sponge.
There are many manufacturers of ceramic systems. These are both domestic firms and foreign manufacturers. When selecting models of domestic production warranty service and service becomes readily available.
Ceramic filtration systems greatly simplify the process of using pure water. With proper maintenance and compliance with the principles of operation, these devices will last for many years.