The technology of making seamless ceilings helps to get a perfectly flat surface. And if earlier their use for interior decoration of a house or office could be afforded by units, nowadays they are part of an ordinary interior. There are various types of seamless ceilings made of foam plastic, PVC, fabric or plastic. Depending on the type and technological features, such ceilings are used to decorate the bedroom, nursery, living room, kitchen, bathroom, as well as offices, catering establishments and other commercial premises.
Types of seamless ceilings
Seamless ceilings are made of different materials, each of which has a number of advantages and disadvantages.
Seamless PVC stretch ceilings - the most popular option for placing almost any size. Seamless stretch ceilings have several advantages:
- possibility of use for decoration of any premises;
- resistance to fire;
- resistance to temperature extremes;
- do not let the water through, therefore they will protect the room from being flooded from above;
- ceilings are practical to use and maintain;
- a wide range of options and shades;
- have antistatic properties.
The cost of this material has recently become much lower, so everyone can afford.
Seamless fabric stretch ceilings have the following advantages:
- breathable texture, which provides an optimal microclimate in the home, and prevents the formation of condensate in rooms with high humidity;
- the width of the canvas is up to 5 meters, which makes it possible to use it for the decoration of a room of almost any size;
- possibility of coloring in another color.
The material has a high moisture resistance, which is almost the same as PVC.
Seamless rack ceiling is made of PVC and fits perfectly into the interior of the bathroom, kitchen, country house and other rooms. Plastic panels are very popular due to their low cost and high speed of installation.
The main advantages of plastic panels:
- ease of care and the ability to wash the panel with virtually any detergent;
- a wide range of materials, allowing you to choose the best option for cost, color and design;
- the presence of slatted ceilings to imitate wood and other natural materials;
- ceiling panels are installed without seams, which makes it possible to obtain a one-piece design;
- high speed of installation and no need to use complex tools or have special skills.
The disadvantages of this material include sensitivity to mechanical damage, as well as the release of toxic gas when exposed to high temperatures.
Texture of seamless ceilings
Regardless of the type, foam, fabric, tile, slatted or fabric stretch ceilings can be matte and glossy.
Seamless glossy stretch ceilings reflect all objects like a mirror, so this coating is very popular with apartment owners with low ceilings. Mirror ceilings visually increase the height of the ceilings and make the room more spacious. At the same time, glossy seamless ceilings effectively look both in classic white color and in bright design. The latter option is recommended for the design of the room in a modern style.
Seamless frosted ceilings guarantee the creation of a perfectly flat and uniform surface, in order to profitably emphasize all the advantages of the room without focusing on yourself. Used to decorate the bedroom, children's room, living room and rooms with a large area.
Decorative possibilities of seamless ceilings
Installation of seamless stretch ceilings and slatted structures has several advantages when designing the interior of a house, office or other premises. A wide range of options allows you to choose the best option for installation in the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen or office space.
Most often, seamless ceilings are available in white. To give the necessary shade they can be painted with acrylic paints. In addition, it is possible to paint such a ceiling both before installation and after it.
Complicated ceiling structures, such as the combination of multi-level tension structures, stucco and suspended ceilings, are extremely popular. Seamless canvases can also be used for upholstering walls. In this case, the combination of such walls and suspended ceilings creates a warm and soft atmosphere. A similar finish is recommended for bedroom decoration.
For the design of various rooms you can also use seamless ceilings with photo printing. This technology allows to realize even the most creative and bold design solutions.
The advantages of using seamless materials for ceiling decoration
The absence of seams and joints allows you to create a more even and neat surface. To achieve this result, you can use tension or slatted structures. Despite the obvious differences in materials, the use of technology to create a seamless ceiling has several common advantages:
- Quick install. Mounted seamless ceiling for several hours. For stretch seamless ceiling does not even require a heat gun, so the installation can be carried out independently. A lath or tiled ceiling is assembled for several hours without special tools and special skills.
- Lack of necessary ground preparation. Seamless ceilings hide any base defects. In addition, under them you can hide engineering structures and communications.
- A wide selection of designs, materials, colors and textures. Using the technology of seamless ceilings, you can create these designer masterpieces.
- Good heat and sound insulation. Regardless of the material, seamless designs contribute to improving the sound insulation and thermal insulation characteristics of the ceiling.
- Can be installed in rooms of any size.
- Ability to integrate ventilation systems, lighting and alarm systems.
Seamless ceilings allow you to get a neat and smooth surface, using both stretched canvas and panels or tiles, and a wide choice of materials, colors and textures will allow to realize even the wildest designer fantasies.