Sticking wallpaper on the ceiling is an urgent issue for many people. Today, there is simply a tremendous amount of finishing materials and building techniques that could quickly and fairly qualitatively resolve issues with refining ceilings.
However, people still tend to choose the tapestry as the base trim. Today, the ceiling can be finished with a variety of materials; options, how to make work surfaces, mass. Consider the main ones, based on what types of ceiling wallpapers exist.
The advantages of ceiling wallpaper
Paper ceiling wallpaper is considered one of the most cost-effective finishing materials, even with the most progressive innovative finishing techniques. Stick wallpaper on the ceiling can everyone. The lesson, although it takes a lot of time, also requires a lot of effort, yet the majority manage to put a new finish on their own without resorting to the help of specialists.
Repair work of any profile is always terrified by the fact that a lot of dust and debris remain after the room has been designed. Making ceilings wallpaper allows you to avoid these unpleasant nuances. Cleaning after gluing surfaces with trellis takes a minimum of time.
Properly selected ceiling wallpaper in the interior look appropriate and quite impressive. Canvas trellis does not remove the height of the ceilings in the room, which is ideal for miniature rooms.
Depending on the type of source material and the quality of the finish, the pasted ceiling can look great from 5 to 15 years. In fact, no other type of finishing materials can please such an impressive operating period.
A wide range of products of this profile allows you to make any interior transformation: glue the base, and then paint the wallpaper on the ceiling, create neutral compositions or decorate the surface in an unusual way with an unusual pattern. You can use silk plaster, decorate with various auxiliary elements (from stucco to fluorescent stickers), as well as perform many other interesting experiments.
However, you should not idealize this type of finishing materials. It should be prepared to face a number of difficulties. Before you glue the wallpaper to the ceiling, you need to prepare the work surfaces.
Finishing the ceiling always takes more time and effort than working with walls in the room. No matter how delicate the work of people engaged in gluing cloths, there is always the danger of the appearance of excessively rough “seams”. In some situations this is not acceptable. For example, if you create a ceiling "starry sky."
Professional builders know a few secrets that make it easier to apply the wallpaper to the ceiling, as well as to avoid the appearance of unnecessarily noticeable "seams". For example, paper trellis is better to overlap with the main light source. Vinyl and non-woven wallpaper for the ceiling most clearly connect and align.
Painting the wallpaper can also disappoint. The first rays of sunset can "declassify" all the mistakes of the builders: the smallest defects will be noticeable on the surface of the ceilings. The unpainted areas are especially striking.
Paper wallpaper with a pattern - the most familiar, inexpensive material. This design option will remain fresh and tidy up to 5 - 7 years. This is not the longest period of operation, but given the low cost of materials, it is quite decent.
Considering which wallpapers are suitable for apartments, it is necessary to take into account the main features of the premises where the tapestries will be glued. The ceiling in the country can be decorated with simple smooth canvases.
For a respectable living room is better to choose the trellis with a rich touch and embossed. It is recommended to purchase wallpaper on the ceiling to the kitchen from moisture-proof materials that can be washed, therefore budget paper options are not always appropriate.
Sticker wallpaper on the ceiling (even the most simple and easy to work) may still disappoint. Paper canvases are always richly smeared with glue along the entire canvas. This makes the finishing process exhausting and routine.
Paper is afraid of moisture in any form. Pasting paper trellis in the kitchen, where they constantly cook, in the bathroom, bathroom or on the balcony will be a gross mistake. It is better to choose a neutral non-stained color wallpaper, as the paper can only be cleaned dry and accumulates dust very quickly. White tapestries will be the most impractical solution and will quickly lose their respectable appearance.
The use of textiles for the decoration of ceilings allows you to create an exclusive interior, giving it a special comfort and uniqueness, as well as improve the acoustic parameters of the room.
There are the following types:
- Linen. The manufacturer applies whole fibers of linen to paper or treats the surface with a mixture of natural and artificial fibers. This type of finish is ideal for eco interiors, apartments in the Scandinavian, marine, rustic style. Canvases can be freely applied to the plasterboard ceiling and other specific surfaces. This is a good option to arrange the ceiling in the country, making the house a distinctive original interior, for example, in the ethnic direction. It is noteworthy that the rich texture of flax allows you to avoid the appearance of unaesthetic joints;
- Silk - the decorative furnish made by putting silk fragments on the prepared cloth. Silk wallpaper on the ceiling is used for bedrooms, living rooms, children's rooms. The coating has a very pronounced aesthetic qualities. Wallpaper surfaces are smooth, glossy, with spectacular modulations. Dust to this type of environmental materials attracts much less than in the case of paper or linen trellis;
- Jute. The coating on the basis of jute thread also has an interesting texture. Before you glue the wallpaper to the ceiling, you must carefully study the technology of working with finishing materials. Tapestries, as a rule, are massive, they allow to hide possible flaws on the surface of gypsum plasterboard or other canvas.
Many people know how to glue ceiling wallpaper on a fabric basis, but few know how to eliminate air bubbles that appear from time to time on a work surface. The formed defects can be easily eliminated by ironing the surface with an iron heated at medium power.
Liquid wallpaper is presented in the form of a dry pulp mixture, which is diluted with water, and then applied to work surfaces. The novelty is of genuine interest, potential buyers always have a lot of questions: is it possible to use cellulose finishing in children's rooms, is the material suitable for the kitchen, how to glue “liquid” tapestries to the gypsum ceiling, is it possible to further finish these surfaces (for example, fixing stickers, painting on the ceiling and other decoration techniques).
How to arrange the ceiling, and care for a new finish is very simple. These are practical and ecological tapestries that lend themselves well to cleaning, practically do not attract dust, look aesthetically and respectably, while maintaining their “pristine” freshness for a long time.
Vinyl wallpaper on the ceiling is also used quite often. The material itself consists of two layers: polyvinyl chloride and paper (less commonly, flizelin). Due to the specific surface coating, such tapestries tolerate moisture well. The thicker the layer of PVC, the greater the degree of resistance of the finish to moisture.
There are the following types:
- Vinyl without stamping foamed. The convex texture allows you to hide minor defects on the surface. Before making the ceiling, the tapestries are carefully selected taking into account the design concept and the general style of the room;
- Wallpaper vinyl hot stamping. Such tapestries can be pokleit in any room with a complex interior. The applied image looks very impressive and believable. Vinyl is often decorated "under natural stones", giving the effect of textured plaster or even metals;
- Silk screen printing Flat vinyl allows both to glue the ceiling wallpaper with a delicate glossy texture, and noble walls in the room of any type. This type of trellis is acceptable to work exclusively with perfectly smooth surfaces;
- Chemical embossed wallpaper. Finishing is not afraid of "chemistry", endures the "aggression" of the ultraviolet.
Vinyl is easy to clean. You can even clean the surfaces with liquid household chemicals. Pasting the ceiling with wallpaper for painting can be carried out with vinyl wallpaper. Moreover, changing the color of the canvas based on the same coating can be several times (it all depends on the quality of the trellis). Painting takes a little time, and the effect always pleases.
Even without knowing how to glue non-woven wallpaper to the ceiling, most potential buyers consider this type of trellis as the ideal type of finish. The reasons for this are enough.
The surface is treated with glue only at the place of attachment, and not throughout the web. This allows you to freely move the fragments of the trellis in the right direction, forming the most even and high-quality coating.
Flizelin is safe, does not contain potentially harmful substances. The material can be both painted and decorated in various ways. This is a good durable option for the improvement of the child's room.
Wallpaper for painting
Considering painting as one of the possible ways to design surfaces, it is worth considering a separate category of tapestries. This refers to the special wallpaper for painting on the ceiling.
You can use the following types of materials:
- Flizelin (painting is possible only for those species that were originally positioned by the manufacturer as suitable for dyeing);
- Vinyl (painted vinyl foam looks best);
- Glass fiber (to get the right texture using water-based paints or latex counterparts).
Before you glue the wallpaper for painting on the ceiling, it is necessary to analyze the features of the interior. Not always painted surfaces go well with key design components. For example, ecostyle involves the use of only natural materials with the appropriate texture.
Before you glue the wallpaper on the ceiling of traditional paper or already bored vinyl, you should pay special attention to conceptually new types of finishes. Fiberglass is recommended, first of all, to use for the kitchen.
For production use glass. The material is heated, form the thinnest threads, which are then woven into the thinnest canvas. Fiberglass (as well as fiberglass) have many advantages:
Wondering how to make the ceiling strong and aesthetically attractive at the same time, you should choose glass wall hangings;
- Fiberglass can be both painted and left in its original form;
- Long service life;
- The natural material which is not containing harmful impurity;
- Clean well;
- Not subject to biological attacks (mold, fungus).
However, fiberglass, like any other material, has its own specific features. Wallpapers of this type are quite expensive. If necessary, the tapestry is very difficult to separate from the ceiling or walls. On the one hand, it is very good, but on the other hand, it provokes a number of difficulties.
Glue wallpaper for painting on the ceiling can only be butt. The blades themselves are quite thick, so the overlapping technique will lead to the fact that the seams will be very noticeable.
In general, it will not be difficult to find the perfect trellis for each room, given the smallest features and wishes of the apartment owners. At the price, design and operational characteristics it is always possible to find the option which is extremely meeting all requirements.