One of the most popular materials for the decoration of residential premises today is textured non-woven wallpaper. Usually they are purchased in order to subsequently paint. This is quite possible, since the structure of the material is very similar to the structure of paper. On the surface of the wallpaper there is a textured pattern imitating the plaster coating.
Non-woven wallpaper: what is it
Structural non-woven wallpaper are made from analogue of cellulose, a material that is very similar to paper. The industry in this material adds various substances, after which the modified fiber acquires new qualities, including environmental friendliness.
Depending on the key characteristics and the main purpose, the following types of non-woven wallpapers are distinguished:
- Wallpaper, completely made of non-woven. The composition of non-woven wallpaper devoid of cellulose almost completely, sometimes it is present in the minimum amount. This material is the most common on the market.
- Wallpaper, the reverse side of which is made of non-woven. External material can be different, but most often it is vinyl. It is quite resistant to the effects of any type, but still such hot stamping wallpaper is not recommended for use in the hallway or in the kitchen, given their drawbacks. The combination of practical and convenient in sticking to non-woven side and practical vinyl makes this type of wallpaper one of the most popular. On sale can be found and paper wallpaper on non-woven base.
- Wallpaper for painting, made entirely of non-woven. Repeated color change with full preservation of decorative qualities. An important advantage is the low price. White non-woven wallpaper designed for those who like to often change the situation. Painting the wallpaper is a great way to change the interior.
To avoid cheating the seller and not buying paper wallpaper for the price of non-woven, it is necessary to make a small tear along the edge. Paper wallpaper on non-woven base will have irregularities.
Such wallpapers on the market are relatively recent, but this time was enough to appreciate all the advantages of non-woven wallpapers:
- size preservation after drying;
- increased density of the canvas, which allows to hide cracks and irregularities on the wall
- resistance to fire, smoldering and high temperatures;
- oxygen transmission;
- water resistance;
- the possibility of painting.
Separately, it should be noted such features of non-woven wallpaper, as the ease of gluing and alignment. When using non-woven wallpaper glue should be applied only to the wall. This contributes to the preservation of the quality of the floor covering, time and effort spent on repairs. Removed wallpaper is also easy. Before removing the non-woven wallpaper, no need to carry out any preparatory activities.
In addition to decorative material made of non-woven substrate. Designed for wallpapering, they have the following purpose:
- sound and heat insulation;
- wall leveling;
- extending the life of the wallpaper;
- improving the environmental performance of the material;
- increase the strength of the coating for the walls.
Substrate of nonwoven material can replace the layer of putty, reinforcing microscopic cracks, hiding the minuses of the wall and leveling its surface. The high degree of elasticity, density and integrity allow to strengthen the system of sound insulation and sound insulation of the room and extend the life of the wallpaper.
Non-woven gray backing is very resistant to water and moisture. At the same time it is vapor permeable. With fluctuations in humidity in the room wallpaper, pasted on such a substrate, retain their original dimensions. Continuing air exchange prevents mold from forming on the wall surface. And of course, such a base for wallpaper is perfectly glued onto a pre-plastered wall.
After gluing non-woven substrate should be allowed to dry. This process takes about a day. Only after that you can start gluing gray or colored wallpaper. Wallpaper beige non-woven on the substrate will not show through, the result will be great.
As already mentioned, one of the obvious advantages of non-woven wallpaper is their resistance to moisture, so they can certainly be washed, while observing certain rules. Before removing the non-woven wallpaper, heavily soiled, you can try to wash them. Before cleaning, you need to pay attention to the labeling.
If non-woven wallpaper for the living room has been bought for a long time and the label has not been preserved, you must try to wash the wallpaper on a site that is not in line of sight. Before you wash the dirt, a piece of washable wallpaper should be wetted and allowed to dry. If, after drying, there are no changes in the structure of the material and the color scheme of the pattern, it means that the hot stamping wallpaper can be wetted. Then you need to carry out similar actions using different types of detergents. Wash off dirt thoroughly but gently.
On this subject there are many disputes and questions. Putting everything in its place will help some facts:
- Cellulose and polymers that are in the composition of non-woven wallpaper, do not cause any harm to health. The only potential danger that such materials carry is dust, which can accumulate in the pores of the material. Regular cleaning of the room can get rid of this problem. Non-woven wallpaper for the kitchen - the perfect choice.
- Fire resistance makes it possible to use non-woven wallpaper in almost any room. In case of fire, burning or smoldering of this material is not dangerous. You need to be afraid of fire and carbon monoxide.
- The only case where you can talk about a low degree of environmental friendliness of materials is the application of vinyl as a topcoat. On contact with water and drying, it evaporates formaldehyde, inhalation of which can lead to allergic reactions and headaches. In order not to remove the coating and to avoid the negative impact of the cons of vinyl wallpaper on non-woven base on the body, it is necessary to thoroughly ventilate the room before settling in it after the repair. Of course, to live in a room during the drying of such material is not recommended. It is necessary to remove the wallpaper, previously decorated the walls, and leave the premises for a few days.
Thus, the proper operation of non-woven wallpaper can make their use safe and avoid the drawbacks of use, therefore it is allowed to stick such materials even in bedrooms and children's rooms.
Solid non-woven wallpapers are most often not represented by the brightest colors, although, of course, you can also find them in the palette of shades. This is explained by the fact that the structure of such materials is already expressive in itself, therefore a bright, for example, green color is often superfluous. If for the implementation of design ideas requires an extremely bright color, it is better to paint non-woven wallpaper.
Non-woven wallpaper in the interior can be very extravagant. If the wallpaper is green or other colors are made in Europe, for example, by emotional Italians, then in the palette of wallpaper on the ceiling for painting you can find a variety of color textures and patterns. Attention to detail is peculiar to manufacturers from Russia. Their products meet the requirements of design, easy to stick and long used.
As for fashion and design, then in the last season, deep colors and black-and-white shades are relevant, which can be used in any room for all types of rooms. Non-woven wallpaper with a pattern - it is not only beautiful, but also modern.
How to choose non-woven wallpaper?
The choice of non-woven wallpaper depends on several factors. To know which is better, you need to understand:
- Will it be necessary after gluing painting non-woven wallpaper. In the case of a positive decision, you need to choose wallpaper white, specifically designed to paint them.
- If the coloring of the wallpaper is not expected, it is worth considering the choice of color and texture of the material. Of course, here the determining factors will be the taste preferences and format of the room for which non-woven wallpapers are intended.
- The width of the wallpaper in the roll can be different: a meter or half a meter. Depending on who will produce sticking, you should choose the size of the roll. So, it is inconvenient for one person, and sometimes it is impossible to glue wallpaper a few meters long. In such cases, the acquisition of more narrow wallpaper will be justified. Wide non-woven wallpaper will be inconvenient in sticking.
When taking into account all the above points of repair will bring only positive emotions and will pass without complications. How to glue non-woven wallpaper, written on the label attached to each roll.