Acrylic universal putty - repair mortar, which is used to seal joints or remove minor defects on the working surfaces. Acrylic finishing materials are used to create a facade finish, as well as for indoor work.
Acrylic putty is used in all areas of construction. Depending on the type of material depends on the place of use of this building product. Key qualities that determine the type and performance characteristics of putty acrylic:
- Adhesive qualities;
- Putty should be easy to use;
- Resistance to various damages;
- The ability to protect the surface of the wall or any other working surfaces from UV radiation;
- Resistance to temperature changes;
- Moisture resistance;
- The color and texture of acrylic putty;
- Acrylic layer allows you to "breathe" all surfaces;
- Ecological purity of the material.
Usually acrylic for interior work is fundamentally different from facade fillers. It is necessary to choose material taking into account all nuances and features in the planned finishing of surfaces.
Acrylic-based putty is used for leveling deformed surfaces, as well as to prepare the ceiling, walls or floor for painting. To make the acrylic blend form a film, manufacturers use talc. Color form a special white.
Acrylic putty for walls is considered more profitable than the plaster type of finish. The disadvantages of acrylic can be attributed perhaps that too fast drying time - about 15 minutes. Also, the use of putty can cause some difficulties in sanding and finishing sanding surfaces.
Among the key benefits worth noting the following:
- Acrylic putty is an excellent protection for floors and other surfaces;
- Acrylic mass itself is very elastic, which contributes to easy application;
- For the formed putty base is characterized by the transmission of steam, but the coating prevents the penetration of water;
- Putty is considered to be a fireproof and environmentally friendly material;
- Fast master application of acrylic composition allows you to form an unusually strong holistic structure on the surface of floors, ceilings and walls.
In addition to talcum acrylic waterproof putty for floor and ceiling contains chalk and iborit. The most popular pigments that dye a mixture in a particular shade are ocher and some artificial colors.
In fact, all types of finishes are divided into mixtures for internal and external works. However, there is another classification - by the scope of use and the nature of the decorated surfaces. Acrylic is used in work on:
- Brick construction;
- Wood products.
It is also worth remembering about another type - universal putty. It is used to work with any surfaces and is incredibly popular among domestic builders.
It is worth considering another important classification, which usually plays an important role for a potential buyer. The following forms are characteristic of the acrylic composition:
- Ready mixes. The mass is packed in small plastic containers, tightly packed, ready to use. The product is best to buy in the event that you plan a small redecoration of facade surfaces;
- Dry mixes. The choice in favor of such a moisture resistant putty is given when you need to work with a large area. The dry mixture can be diluted or diluted, as desired, giving the most preferred consistency.
In addition to acrylic fillers, in the modern construction market, mineral and polymer analogues are offered to potential buyers. Not less popular putty are mixtures based on silicates and silicone.
Acrylic putty for wood, concrete or any other types of surfaces allows not only to improve the performance of facades, but also to enhance the aesthetic potential of the entire building. Finishing putties are represented by the following textures:
- Bark beetle This is one of the most popular textures. It is used not only for finishing facades, but also inside many rooms. Usually, this is a kitchen, hallway or hallway. The bark beetle looks like a canvas that the bark beetles have fairly honed, leaving characteristic moves. Special grater made of plastic will make the desired effect due to the fact that the granules in the composition will be able to "deform" the surface in a special way;
- "Kameshkovaya" acrylic facade putty. The application of this mixture is significantly different from the version described above. Through the use of specific granules on the dried surface of the decorated canvas, a pattern is formed. It seems that on the surface of the wall are concentrated a lot of pebbles, tightly stacked next to each other;
- Mosaic putty. Different color crumbs are mixed, transparent resins are added. It is possible to get universal in terms of operating coverage. Most often used like putty for the ceiling, trim slopes, caps and balustrades. Surfaces can be washed. A tree covered with a mosaic putty is not afraid of dust and dirt.
The choice of texture in many respects also depends on stylistic features. For example, the bark beetle is positioned as a universal finish that will fit into any composition, but it will be harder to find an application for mosaic putty.
About application technology
Acrylic paint, plaster and any other material for decorating can be applied in different ways. Finishing putty is applied in two ways: mechanically or manually.
You can putty with the help of special units. They release the composition under high pressure. The mechanical option is good if you need to arrange large areas. For interior decoration and when working with miniature elements of the facade using a manual way of finishing.
At the corners of the facade of any building cause reinforced mesh. Only then you can dissolve the putty of the desired consistency and get to work. The use of the grid allows you to create a really clear right angles, and the coating itself will be strong and complete.
The algorithm for applying putty material to the working surface is as follows:
- The surface is cleaned of any contamination, leveling, we clean the relief defects;
- The walls are primed with a prepared compound;
- The required amount of filler needs to be diluted, as required by the construction task. If the composition was originally prepared, the mass is still thoroughly stirred;
- When the diluted mixture is ready for use, the master by hand or with the help of an aggregate applies the necessary amount of acrylic composition to the surface. We spit carefully, but quickly. The choice of method of working with compositions depends on the texture, which is preferred.
When the acrylic finishing putty has dried, but still retains its elasticity, a pre-designed drawing or imitation (for example, a bark beetle) is formed on the surface. At this stage, one can not do without a special roller or plastic "grater".
Subtleties of work
No matter how modern and universal this or that building material may be, working with each separate type requires certain skills and knowledge. Masters are happy to share their experience with beginners. Here are the most valuable tips and advice:
- The negative temperature in the room or outside (if we are talking about working with facade putty) provokes a sharp decrease in the elasticity of the composition. The best time to apply acrylic formulations is dry and warm weather;
- With acrylic materials it is important not to overdo it. The maximum thickness of the finish layer is 10 mm. The minimum layer is 3 mm;
- Moisture-resistant acrylic putty can be used not only for the total wood finish, but also for the restoration of some products. You can pick up putty, perfectly imitating wood texture. This is a great alternative to "classic" wood paint;
- Acrylic compositions are allowed to work with metal. Before applying, they carefully select both the shade and the texture of the finishing material so that it looks organic, complementing the overall finishing. If necessary, separate parts break paint.
It is necessary to fill up volume cavities in several stages. If the material is applied immediately with a thick layer, it can spread, giving ugly embossed defects. It is better to process areas in stages, applying thin layers of material. This will allow how to do the work qualitatively and accurately, and save a small amount of material for other areas. The paint is used only when the mixture hardens.
Without experience and not having the necessary practice, from the first time it is difficult to do work accurately, efficiently and quickly. Especially a lot of problems arise if the mixture is chosen incorrectly. That is why it is important to use informational or practical support from professionals at any stage.