“They meet each other by their clothes,” the Russian proverb tells us. The clothes of the apartment, of course, are the wallpaper. Indeed, they immediately catch the eye when we enter a new building. Moreover, when the question of repair arises, the first thought: "which wallpaper to choose?" Personal preferences are in the first place in this issue, but there are several nuances that need to be taken into account when purchasing. About them will be discussed.
Wallpapers are made from completely different materials. The physical characteristics of the wall covering depend on this: light resistance, moisture resistance, removal and bonding technologies. Most building stores offer us the following types of wallpapers:
- glass wallpaper
- liquid wallpaper,
- photo wallpaper.
The most economical, but impractical option is paper wallpapers. They "breathe" easily, absorb moisture in the room, and are also easily deformed. Despite all the shortcomings in front of other types, paper wallpapers remain the top sellers so far.
Vinyl wallpapers are presented in stores in a huge variety of textures and colors. They are quite durable, insensitive to sunlight and moisture resistant, so they are suitable for the kitchen and even the bathroom. The disadvantage of this wallpaper is a high coefficient of linear stretching. They can disperse at the seams with temperature and humidity drops.
Glass fiber, by its characteristics, significantly superior to other species. They are not only durable, practically not deformed, water resistant, but also maintain the indoor climate. Glass fiber is made of fiberglass, so microorganisms can not develop in this form of wall covering. Fireproof wallpaper, and have a reinforcing effect, that is, smooth out all the cracks and irregularities of the wall. The only negative, these wallpapers are intended only for painting. They are perfect for creative people, as they give an opportunity to show imagination.
The color and texture of the walls is the basis for the visual correction of the room. There are a number of design tricks that can expand the space. Even a small room can be turned into a spacious, given the properties of flowers.
Receiving a combination of colors, patterns or textures is becoming increasingly popular in modern design. He does not just add to the interior zest, but contributes to visual correction. Combination options are numerous - textures, materials, colors are combined among themselves. Basic combination options:
- Use vertical lines. They combine vertical stripes of contrasting or close color, one texture / pattern, or different. This is a great solution for low-ceilinged rooms.
- Use horizontal lines. There are two options. The first is similar to the combination of vertical lines. The second - the lower part of the wall is decorated with wallpaper with a frequent pattern, the upper one - of the same color.
- Selection of one wall in color, pattern or texture. Usually, the focus is on the wall, which has furniture or home appliances.
- Selection of the main part of the wall. In this solution, the wall does not stand out completely, but only its main part. The edges are usually the same color as the whole room. Reception is a private version of the full selection of the wall in a different color or texture.
- The allocation of functional areas. Ideal for a one-room apartment. The allocation of a workplace or sleeping area is the basis of zoning space.
- Use wallpaper of a different color in a niche. The use of cold color will allow you to distance the wall and focus on what is located in it.
In conclusion, I would like to say that this seemingly insignificant issue should be approached more than seriously. You should be comfortable in the house, decorated in the selected color. This is the main condition when choosing wallpaper.