To become the owner of a four-legged pet is tantamount to having a baby.
Peter Gieters. Unusual cat and his usual owner. Love story
Planning to repair the hallway, you can come up with more than one original design. But such elements of the interior, like the marks of teeth and claws, will not please even the most loyal owners.
So, let's go through the different parts of the corridor and talk about what needs to be taken into account if you started repairing it.
- Carpet. This option is good if the pet is a cat or a sphinx cat.
- Laminate. Not insured against damage during the taming of the animal to the toilet. The animal can eventually learn quite quickly, but the swelling will remain until you change the cover. Another drawback is that you can hear the clatter of claws, so that a pet even in the middle of the night will unwittingly inform you about its movements.
- Parquet. Not as resistant to mechanical stress as laminate. But after the formation of dents and scratches, it is enough to carry out a small repair to make it as good as new, which cannot be said about the laminate. Other advantages: you can choose the original design, and the animal will not "get" you a clatter.
- Linoleum. Fortunately there is a big choice - give preference to models with anti-vandal coating. Otherwise, scratches are provided, and especially large and high-spirited individuals can tear the linoleum with their teeth.
- Tile or porcelain tiles. Due to their exceptional strength and moisture resistance, these materials remain the perfect covering for the hallway in the house where the cat or dog lives. We will make a reservation that porcelain tile due to some differences in manufacturing technology is stronger than tile, although it has almost identical design.
What is important to remember
The bed of the animal is a kind of epicenter in which minor troubles can arise. To eliminate them, put a piece of carpet under it and do not forget to clean it from time to time.
No matter what coating you end up with, let it not slip. Choosing the wrong textured surface of the flooring, you risk the health of your pet: there is a case when the cat thus dislocated the foot. If a kitten or puppy appeared in the house when the repair has been completed, additionally take care of non-slip coating.
- Vinyl or glass cloth wallpaper. Wear-resistant and durable, they will provide decent resistance when the cat tries to leave them some kind of art. Such wallpaper can not be washed thoroughly, but carefully remove the pollution with a damp cloth - you are always welcome.
- Panels at the bottom of the wall. As an option, cover part of the wall within the zone of the animal's reach with durable materials: chipboard or MDF panels, plastic, artificial stone. Other possible materials are film or linoleum. They are not so durable, but the affected area can be easily replaced. As in this case, you can improve the design: lay a plaster molding on the border between the listed materials and wallpaper (or what you will have at the top of the wall). No desire to "interrupt" the wall? Close the bottom of the plexiglass. The cat, seeing the usual wallpaper and not being able to reach them clawed paws, will be very surprised.
- Structural paint (including marble chips). Show your taste and imagination, and such walls will become the organic basis of the interior. No one would even think that this material was chosen by necessity.
- Bamboo canvas (or bamboo wallpaper). This material is resistant to scratches and friction. They can close both the lower part and the entire wall. In general, it helps to create a comfortable and modern design.
- Flock. Despite its delicate appearance, this upholstery fabric is very durable. She is easy to clean, and her nap is easily restored. Therefore, it can be safely used to finish the walls of the hallway.
- Upholstered entrance doors will live smoothly until a cat or dog is asked to walk, so discard them immediately so as not to shell out for additional repairs.
- Anti-vandal plastic. You can order a finished door with this durable coating or special anti-vandal lining.
The vase that the cat knocked over is almost a classic. Do not leave easily moved figurines, mirrors, jars of perfumes and loose cosmetics within the animal's reach. The same goes for plants. The latter can also harm the health of the cat or dog, if they take up their tasting. Also make sure the pictures are well fixed. Having fallen down, they can not only spoil the design, but also injure the animal.
The corridor, especially extended, is not only a room at the entrance, but also for some a treadmill, and even a runway, which a cat may suddenly want to use. Therefore, chairs, bedside tables, stools should be confident enough to take their seats, to be stable and not to impede active movement.
When making repairs, provide a closed locker for shoes, so as not to tempt your pet to try it on a tooth or otherwise use it for other purposes.
Having completed the repair, provide a fairly wide mat at the entrance door, on which, if necessary, you can wash the legs of the dog returning from a walk.
Doors leading to other rooms would be well fixed with stoppers. Animals (especially cats) are sad, facing the closed door, and do not always have the opportunity or strength to open it on their own. Now there are pretty cute stoppers who not only do not spoil the design, but give it a zest.
It is known how children are protected from electric wires: they are fixed in an inaccessible place with the help of holders or placed in special boxes. Do the same if you keep animals. These measures will eliminate the danger and retain an organic design.
While the repair is in progress, make sure that neither the cat nor the dog get to toxic materials.
Having provided the animal with bones, toys that can be nibbled, as well as claws and houses, you will be able to direct the energy in a peaceful direction and keep the furniture intact.
Be a responsible owner and provide all the details regarding such things as repairing the corridor, if you live with a cat or a dog. This will save you from the subsequent headache, financial losses and at the same time allow your pet to live in comfortable conditions.
Still, something missed, while doing repairs, and there was a nuisance? Do not rush to get upset and swear. In the end, the characteristic trail of a dog's paw can be supplemented with applications and create an unusual design. And in place of a torn piece of wallpaper hang a pretty picture of durable material.