The porch is the hallmark of any country house, because this is what guests first see. The design of this building gives the impression of both the house and its owner. And the more attractive and neater the porch will look, the better it will be. The design of the porch of a private house should emphasize the integrity and beauty of the entire extension. It is recommended to take into account fashion trends, as well as their own taste preferences.
The porch should harmoniously complement the landscape design, as well as the building itself. As a rule, the choice of materials for the porch is determined by the type of house. For example, a concrete porch will not look quite harmoniously near a wooden house, and extensions made of iron with ornate wrought iron railings will be in discord with the general appearance of the classical structure. Therefore, it is necessary to choose the right design of the porch to the project fit into the landscape design, as well as in harmony with the main structure.
Porch architecture features
The architecture of the porch includes several elements:
- canopy or canopy, it protects the building from precipitation;
- safety railings;
- the playground, which represents additional functional space, is located outside the entrance of a country house;
- staircase to a platform of steps, which provides a convenient entrance.
- The project of the porch can be decorated as the main building. If the interior of the porch has its own style, then to combine the structures it will be necessary to think out the connecting parts.
- The design of the porch can overlap with the design of the site. If you correctly implement this idea, it will give the impression that the house and the courtyard are a single structure.
- Materials for decorating the porch are recommended to choose so that they are identical to the materials from which the house is made. Just by this method, wooden steps are made out of houses in the Russian style. That is, the porch of a wooden country house should also be made of wood. However, in some cases, you can use completely different materials.
- A heavy house with a massive roof can be carefully “diluted” with light, openwork and beautiful railings in simple lines. A supporting role in the design will be played by supporting vertical pillars, in which the contours of the timber will intersect, as well as more subtle details. In addition, the rounded lines of balusters and diagonal railing of the railing will balance the strict horizontal lines of the sides and the front of the porch.
- The following example of how to combine heavy materials in the design, but to preserve the beauty, airiness and lightness of the architectural ensemble - a combination of forged elements, chipped brick and stone.
The project of a porch begins to make from the choice of suitable design, it has to be organically combined with the appearance of a country house.
- If the dwelling was settled with the use of logs or lumber, then it is logical to make a porch from solid wood. If concrete blocks or bricks were chosen for the verandas, then for the entrance it is more expedient to use a suitable material, for example, metal, expanded clay or clinker. Naturally, it should be remembered that the proportions of individual parts and forms: the railing, the visor and the steps. If the house has a small size, then the dimensions of the railing, the visor and the steps should also be consistent.
- To design a porch, porches and terraces was successful, it is important to determine the appropriate design. The shape of the porch are different: trapezoid, round, rectangular or square. You can accurately select the appropriate size and shape, if you put a few pegs on the ground around its intended perimeter on the ground. This will make it clear what is best for you: a round porch of three steps or a porch of a rectangular shape, made of two steps.
- Next you need to decide what will be the location of the railing and stairs. If the porch has more than three steps, then the use of handrails is mandatory.
- Optionally, the construction of the porch can be made open (using support pillars and a simple canopy), or closed in the form of verandas or a terrace, which is protected from all sides. A covered porch is a great place to spend your summer holidays.
- It is necessary to decide on the choice of materials. The design of the porch should take into account that this is a street structure, regularly exposed to various weather phenomena. Materials for the construction of porches, railings, visor and steps must be durable and strong. You should not use damp brick, trimming boards and beams, as well as packed cement.
- The owners of private houses in most cases prefer the most common construction of the porch - the stairs or the porch with a simple canopy. Therefore, the project of the porch can be supplemented with the use of handrails, forged elements, original carving and the like.
Railings and visors are the main option for a beautiful interior porch. Using a variety of railings, visors and stairs will allow you to express your imagination, taste and creativity. Forged curls of handrails, canopies and steps, carved lining, as well as wooden balusters can be a decoration for the entrance. In the construction market today there is a huge choice of decor to beautifully design the project porch. However, it is important to properly arrange the details.
If a carved wooden décor is chosen for the decoration of the visor, then it must be in the enclosure of the porch or in the decoration of the facade of the house. The canopies made on forged frames are usually combined with street lights, a beautiful door handle and wrought iron railings. Making the porch of a wooden country house with a wooden balustrade is the most popular way to decorate the entrance. It is desirable to combine the railings of balusters in shape with the form of a panel of doors or pillars-supports.
- In the design of the railing can be used horizontal bolts or vertical balusters interesting beautiful shape. In some cases, they are replaced by artistic content. For example, through wooden carving or openwork forging.
- In the design of concrete buildings it is better to use the bolts or balusters of the usual cylindrical form of galvanized.
- Railings in most cases are made of plastic or wood. Making a porch of a concrete or brick house is most often done with the use of plastic. The tree is suitable for the design of a frame, cobbled or chopped rustic building.