Modern fencing, in addition to its main task (protection of the house and garden from uninvited guests and curious glances) also perform a decorative function. Fences are erected both from traditional materials such as wood, stone, brick, and from relatively new ones - polycarbonate, plastic, etc. Let's take a closer look at the types of modern fences, their advantages and disadvantages.
Wood is the most traditional material used by mankind since ancient times for the manufacture of fences. A wooden fence is not necessarily a solid canvas of painted boards.
Here are just some effects:
- Openwork carving of the type that can still be seen on the facades in Vologda and other cities with a long history. Only individual elements can be decorated with a thread, for example, a wicket.
- The use of boards of different heights, with the result that the top edge of the fence turns out figured.
- Various compositions that are created when placing boards at a certain angle to each other and much more.
- Another option is to make a chisel of logs, which may have pointed ends. Very well, such a fence is combined with a wooden house.
- Fences and gates for the summer cottage or a country house in the form of wattle also look very good. It is not difficult to do it yourself.
Interesting effects are obtained if the design of the fence involves combining wood with other materials - stone, metal. You can often see beautiful brick fences with wooden sections.
The mansion, surrounded by a wrought-iron fence, evokes scenes from the 19th century aristocracy. In fact, the most successful epithet that can be chosen for such a fence is “exquisite”.
There are several types of metal fencing:
- The fences are a standard metal construction, which is complemented by wrought iron elements. This is the most budget option, which is often used by various institutions.
- Forged fence with welding. Products in which standard elements are combined with custom-made.
- Decorative fences, gates and wickets, which "from and to" are carried out on the individual project of the customer. In this case, the master spends much more time and labor. Needless to say, this is the most expensive type of forged fencing, and the cost largely depends on the number of decorative elements.
Forged can be not only external fences of a house or garden, but also an internal fence at a site, for example, around a flower bed.
Fences from a professional flooring
What can you imagine hearing the phrase "sheet metal fence"? Any production facility ... However, this is not so - the fences of corrugated board are not only beautiful and reliable, but also very diverse in terms of design solutions.
Decking is available in a huge range of colors, but that's not all. Today, manufacturers offer a material that imitates various types of wood, stone or brickwork, and you can only determine that you face a fence made of corrugated flooring.
Rabbit mesh fence
In our article it is impossible not to pay attention to this type of fencing as a fence from a chain-link mesh. Such fences are used mainly for suburban areas, however, they are different, primarily depending on the material used.
Today, there are the following types of mesh netting:
- Neotsinkovannaya. This is the most budget option, but its service life is the shortest. It has to be painted annually, otherwise rust cannot be avoided.
- Galvanized. It is more expensive, but does not have the above disadvantages - it is not afraid of rust and does not need painting.
- The next type of chain-link is plasticized. That is, a layer of polymer is applied on top of the wire. When choosing such a material, it is worth paying attention to the thickness of the wire: if it flexes easily when pressed with your fingers, it is better to refuse such a chain-link - it will be difficult to tighten it when mounting the fence.
- Plastic. It is made entirely of polymer. A characteristic feature of this chain-link is the different shape of the cells: they can be of traditional shape, rectangular or even round, so you can make a very original fence. Such a grid can be used as a garden fence on the side of neighbors, for the manufacture of an internal fence and a gate, but not from the street, for this it is not strong enough.
The fence of the chain-link can be ennobled by planting vines along it. In this case, only the gate remains free.
Fences made entirely of stone look monumental and even majestic. So that the stone fence around the garden or the house does not look gloomily, it is often supplemented with wrought iron elements (metal gates, the upper part is made of metal), and also combined with bricks, wood and sheets of steel.