The original and bright solution for children's rooms - a bunk bed. It is practical, convenient and always attractive for two children living in the same area. Parents also need to know about the benefits, design features and safety rules in order to turn the nursery into a fairy tale!
Bunk bed: not a curiosity, or TOP-5 advantages
Many options, different materials - an array, MDF / chipboard, innovative plastic, metal, retractable and transformers - all of them, children's bunk beds. To buy such a bedroom for kids means to take into account its positive aspects.
- Option for small rooms. Such a bed will occupy a minimum of usable space, therefore, there will be more space for a game zone or a learning area for kids. In this case, a bunk bed would be appropriate and elegantly look in the interior of a studio apartment or an “old” guest room, without embarrassing anyone.
- Not only the territory of rest, but also numerous games. The piece of furniture will be functional and practical, but will also become a fabulous cave, ship or rocket. Not only your children, but all their friends can be seen playing on the bed. Let it be!
- Fascinating design. Due to the design features, the rich color palette of materials and their naturalness, such a piece of furniture will easily fit into the interior of a nursery in any style. In this case, you can choose a model, consulting with your kids and creating a room specifically for them. Then you will be sure that children will be comfortable, warm, cozy and quiet in their own territory.
- Saving family budget. Even a complicated model of a transforming bed or a pull-out version with a table / sofa / wardrobe will cost less than buying two separate beds and all other pieces of furniture needed in a child’s room. So why overpay?
- Ease of installation and operation. Many parents are afraid that they will not cope with the assembly of such a bed and its subsequent use. There is nothing impossible in it, because manufacturers care about every little thing. Therefore, you can even assemble such a bed yourself (diagrams, instructions, numerous fasteners / spare parts / fittings) are attached or ... invite a specialist. In some companies, installation is free of charge - and you are no longer worried about the reliability and safety of the bed.
Secrets of psychology, or what's the bunk bed
So, you have conceived to buy a wonderful bed for your kids, girls and boys. They are crazy about the options and wanted the most fabulous. However, your decision is more practical, and your choice is a retractable version with drawers, the possibility of turning into a sofa and a comfortable staircase in order to conquer the second floor. Kids do not mind, they are waiting for the moment when it will be possible to play on the second floor or hide from their parents below. This is where an important moment comes, on which not only the “weather” in the nursery will depend, but also in the whole family.
First, the parents must distribute the floors of the beds for children. Usually an older boy (or girl) occupies the top shelf. The younger baby makes the lower floor more comfortable. So the hierarchy is observed, the foundations of which must be laid in the family, the youngest listens to the elder, the elder is responsible for the younger.
Design features, or infinity of possibilities thanks to technologies
A modern bunk bed for babies is far from the “soldier’s” counterpart that some of us had in our childhood. Bulky, awkward, unsafe, constantly squeaking and striving about to fall apart.
Bunk bed models now are not just two beds, one above the other. This is the forethought of every little thing / nuance / detail, competent selection of accessories, fasteners, sliding and transforming systems, materials.
Therefore, your choice is quite obvious and it can be:
- classic version. Stationary beds are located on different tiers. A convenient staircase leads from the lower floor to the upper one, which can be made both from steps with railings and, for example, from laundry drawers assembled in a pencil case, the steps of which will be handles. For such a bed, you initially need to come up with a comfortable place in the room, if possible and willing, connect it to the wall for maximum safety. The age of children is from 4 years;
- retractable bunk bed. This model is designed for rooms with low ceilings. It will ideally fit into such an interior, because the bed of the second floor during the daytime will serve as a place for games, and the bed of the first floor can be, for example, a desk-desk, at which children will learn lessons;
- transforming bed. It is increasingly becoming the choice of many parents, not only due to the possibility of saving the free space of the nursery. Such a “flick of the wrist” bed turns into a sofa and a table-desk, into a playing area with a sofa or a pouf, into a huge closet;
- sofa bed. Such a transformation of a children's bunk bed is an ideal idea not only for the territory of the baby, but also for the whole small apartment. A comfortable sofa will become a place for games and guests during the day, at night - the most comfortable sleeping place for two beloved kids!
The bunk bed in the nursery will become the center of a small universe, a focal point, the main functional and decorative object. Therefore, choosing a specific model, you can choose the color palette of the room, textiles and other elements of the furniture.
At the same time, attention should be paid not only to the materials and build quality of the bed itself, but also to the color palette. Too bright colors in large numbers can crush babies, make them tired and irritable. You do not need it, so bright spots in the nursery should be enough to maintain activity and dynamics. The choice is to make in favor of yellow and orange, blue and olive, pale pink in the case of small princesses. In short, the color of the bed decoration and the color of the room should be psychologically attractive and inviting for your children.
An important aspect of choosing a bed is form. The main rule is ergonomics. Toddlers should not get hurt by sharp corners, protruding elements, loosely fitting hardware elements. Therefore, only high quality, streamlined shape, soft lines, especially if the bed is chosen for small children.
Creative design of such a bed is a guarantee that both your children will like it. Therefore, not only competent design and correctly chosen colors are welcomed, but also decorative elements. For example, the bed-ship must have a steering wheel and cables (serving as a railing), a bed-turtle has paws and a small tail. Choose interesting wall panels to decorate the wall by the bed or the corresponding wall stickers - and there’s no end to the delight of your children!