Every owner wants to make repairs in the apartment as simply, quickly and inexpensively as possible. At the same time, it is necessary that the design be aesthetically pleasing and durable - both in the kitchen and in the hallway, and in the living room. With the modern variety of materials, colors and textures, there will be no difficulty in finding the same material that will meet most important requests. In the article we will see what advantages the decoration of walls with decorative stone has, the peculiarities of this material for interior decoration, its advantages, disadvantages and design options.
Features of decorative stone for interior decoration
To begin with, it’s still a stone, so this arrangement, of course, gives any room a somewhat “wild”, pristine, natural and close to natural look. Consider this factor. Stone laying is permissible only in those rooms where neon, unnatural colors and textures are not used. For example, plastic, chromed metal, and stone cladding are unlikely to be combined. But if you arrange the room with a combination of stone and wood, decorate it with a combination of stone and natural shades of furniture - then yes.
- Decorative stone is an eco-friendly material. This circumstance is very important in interior decoration. After all, no one wants to make repairs in the apartment, and after some time to find that there is a headache because of the components that were used in the production of finishing material. In addition, if the laying of decorative stone is used in the kitchen, then when cooking food it will not get any toxic fumes.
- Panels of decorative stone are very durable. He is literally "no demolition." Therefore, designers advise the use of artificial stone to be used in areas where wear resistance is particularly important - in the hallway, in the kitchen, in the hallway. Stone - durable, practically, "not killed" material. And it is very decorated with the interior.
- Stone panels are not too expensive. Virtually everyone can indulge in a design with a decorative stone.
- Large selection of sizes of elements, colors, imitations of textures. This circumstance gives us a variety of options for the design of their homes. Laying stone can make any original design.
- Decorative stone is a moisture-resistant material, so this tile is suitable for interior decoration of rooms with high humidity: hallways and kitchens. In the kitchen, the coating will show itself from the good side also in the sense that it tolerates high temperatures perfectly. In the living room and hallway stone is used less frequently.
- Laying decorative stone is simple, so even an aspiring master can make it in his apartment. There is no need to call the dresser from the side: with minimal construction and repair skills it is quite possible to cope with the work yourself, saving a decent amount of money.
- All types of material are easy to maintain, do not require any super-efforts to maintain decorativeness and purity. It is enough to wipe it with a damp sponge, removing dust and dirt.
- A properly laid out decorative stone can become the stylistic center of any room, attract attention, a beautiful picture can become the basis of the composition, be combined with wallpaper, give a special atmosphere to the room, somewhat mysterious. Along with this, laying decorative stone in the interior gives the impression of thoroughness and reliability.
- The use of this method of interior perfectly helps to hide the defects of the walls. Including fairly large holes, grease stains in the kitchen, etc.
- The panels can help to divert attention from the unsuccessful planning of the room, to make the design and interior more pleasant to look at.
A few useful moments that will help to properly and harmoniously put decorative material in any room of the house, even in the living room, even in the hallway:
- Do not be afraid to transform your interior. Tiles of decorative stone can make a real Alibaba cave from the children's room, and turn the corridor into a mysterious grotto. Now you can find a lot of interesting design ideas, where the decoration of the walls with decorative stone is the center of the composition.
- In such a room will require additional sources of lighting. Any tiles and panels of stone, even if they are light shades, give a certain darkness to the room, so in order to compensate for the darkening, add a few lamps of any kind. If your plans do not include the installation of additional lighting in the living room or hallway, then you can soften the interior, if you apply not a continuous display of the material, but alternate it with light wallpaper, for example.
- Decorative stone looks great next to the greenery. Therefore, they will be needed in the room where such finishing is applied. Put in it more pots of live plants, even if the stone was used in a narrow corridor. In this case, plants can decorate the wall - and the design will play.
- Reservoirs and stone - a great combination. You can put a large aquarium in the apartment, and around it lay out the wall with artificial material.
- If there is a fireplace, then stone cover for it is what you need. You can finish not only the fireplace itself, but completely the entire area above and around it.
- Making this decorative material looks great in the decoration of doorways, suitable for window. But this laying is more suitable for private houses, in the apartment it will look out of place.
- It does not look tile in narrow and small spaces. It is sufficiently textured, which visually makes the room smaller. Therefore, the narrow corridor will be even narrower, and any small room will give the impression of being absolutely tiny.
Variants of this finishing material can be made in several forms. Consider which species would be preferable:
- Tile of expanded clay sand. The material is lightweight and durable. But at the same time its cost will be high. Great for the main rooms in the apartment: living room, hallway.
- Panels from coarse-grained expanded clay. Such a decorative stone will be cheaper, but it is not strong enough. In some cases, the tile can crumble, as among the particles of claydite sometimes comes across lime, which is fragile and loose. This probability can significantly spoil the interior.
- Perlite. Very durable material, such panels are resistant to almost all adverse external factors. It has a very interesting picture.
What it is desirable to pay attention to when choosing artificial stone trim:
- Is the coloring uniform? It is better to choose from all sides dyed material. And it is important that it be painted over the entire depth. There are variants on sale where only the front side is painted - it is better to refrain from buying such a stone. After all, for any defect, it will be immediately obvious that this is just painted cement. Such mechanical defects often occur in the corridor and spoil the design.
- Thickness also matters. In this case, the uniformity of this thickness is of particular importance. If there are distortions, then the laid material will look sloppy.
- Be sure to have the appropriate papers, permits and certificates that document the safety of products. In this case, you will be sure that you use high-quality and durable building material. And the interior will delight you for a long time.