When finishing the rooms of their home - even the bedrooms, even the kitchen - I want to make them not only practical, but also beautiful. Such material as plaster gives us all possibilities in the modern world for this. We are used to plastering walls only if more expensive finishes are not affordable. But it is not. Modern plaster in the interior gives such a variety of colors and texture options - both under stone, and under tree, and under brick - that it can be compared in possibilities with the most popular finishing materials used for an apartment, including the living room, bathroom and bedroom. The room, decorated with plaster, becomes a stylish, modern.
Consider the main features of all types of decorative plaster:
- Plaster is resistant to mechanical stress. Especially marble.
- Very voluminous and relief, which makes it possible to carry out any design of the walls.
- Withstands high temperatures. This makes it possible to use it in the kitchen.
- Eco-friendly material. In the composition of mainly natural ingredients.
- Durable and durable material.
- Does not require personal care. This especially distinguishes structural and marble plaster.
- Color can be chosen at will.
- Allows you to get rid of the defects and defects of the walls, levels the surface of the living room, bathroom and hallway.
- Protects from extraneous sounds. Also textured mixtures can also serve as a good heat insulator. This is better than wallpaper.
- Most types of this material are inexpensive.
- Even a beginner can apply plaster on the walls in the classic version. Unless, of course, this is not a superdecorative bulk and embossed Venetian plaster.
The difference of decorative plaster from the usual one is that in the decorative composition of the first one there are special fragments of various materials that give the final coating decorativeness and uneven texture. It can be marble, other minerals such as quartz, mica, small pebbles, even pieces of cloth, foil, silk fiber. With it, you can create beautiful patterns on the walls of the house and even draw pictures in the living room and hallway. Completely replaces the wallpaper and aesthetically even surpasses them.
Consider what advantages in the design can provide us with these or other types of plaster
This species is characterized by an impurity in the composition of large fractions. That is, in the mixture there will be marble chips, wood, pieces of pumice, ground brick, etc. These inclusions will create the necessary structure of the finished coating. As a result, the decoration of the walls is uneven, very textured and beautiful, in the modern spirit. Structural plaster is suitable for the kitchen and hallways, it can finish brick and stone.
The most popular type of plaster is a common and inexpensive bark beetle. The name is connected with the fact that the "bark beetle" imitates the pattern of tree bark with lines, as if eaten by bark beetles. Structural mixture - a little rough finish, but, nevertheless, very popular. Usually sold white and gray.
The composition of the entire decorative plaster for the house is different in several types. Consider them in more detail:
- Have the appearance of a dry mixture.
- They are applied on mineral surfaces, including brick, can be covered with them.
- Suitable for bathroom.
Some important points to know when choosing this finishing material:
- If the structural mixture with a coarse filler, it means only manual application.
- If the mixture is ready for use, it does not need to be diluted with water. This can break the technology and make the color paler.
- Acrylic species are the most eco-friendly. But at the same time they react more acutely to the external environment. Not recommended for bathroom.
Having learned about the features of decorative plaster, you will now have an idea about them. This will help you determine the choice of finishing materials for your home. It is also important that most of these materials are quite accessible for independent use.