Modern or Art Nouveau - one of the areas of art, the peak of popularity which fell on the second half of the 19th century. Distinctive features or classics of this style: the rejection of right angles and lines in favor of "natural", natural motifs and the introduction of new technologies.
It should be borne in mind that the modernist style in the interior requires a large stock of space, as there are various objects (lamps, paintings, vases, fireplaces, wallpapers, etc.), as well as decorative elements. The indisputable advantage of classic art style is a project using light colors and rationally arranged furniture that visually expands the space of the house. All this successfully compensates for the lack of space.
Modern style in the interior is, above all, a combination of natural and artificial classical materials.
These are comfortable and soft armchairs, sofas, elegant tables, dressers, wardrobes, paintings and buffets. The main thing - the furniture should have a modern artistic design: ivory inserts, accessories, etc.
According to many designers, the atmosphere of the room depends on the color. For the interior of the house in the art-modern style, you can use any wallpaper, shades and colors. The main condition - the design of the room should be soft and as if bleached (for example, “sprinkled with ash furniture”).
This is one of the most important moments in creating any interior apartment. Art nouveau provides the following types of lighting - decorative and functional. In the first case, lighting devices (chandeliers, sconces, lamps, etc.) serve to highlight the decor of the apartment, as well as emphasize and contribute to the refocusing of attention from one object (for example, from a picture) to another. With regard to functional lighting, this project has its own subspecies, which define the purpose and specific requirements. Depending on what will be the design itself and what is its functional purpose, the lighting is divided into certain types. Let us consider in more detail the description of each of them:
- Target. Chandeliers and lamps are installed to illuminate a single working area using narrow beams.
- The main. All lamps and sconces perform the function of high-grade lighting due to the reflection of light from the planes of the room.
- Background The main task of this light is to remove any darkening in the corners of the room, which are behind the protruding relief objects.
- The art-modern style is fundamentally different from such a thing as “modern features”, as well as from the semantic overtones of the well-known term “modernism”. The characteristic features of modernity are decorativeness, likening a handmade form to natural motifs. All the lines of ornaments (wallpaper, tiles for decoration, fireplaces, furniture, chandeliers, etc.) that the project contains carry the tension of a symbolic and spiritual-emotional meaning.
- An Art Nouveau room is, in fact, a “single organism” in which any objects, be it a coffee table, chandeliers, lamps, a wardrobe, paintings, a towel hook in a bathroom or other furniture are equally important. But, as mentioned earlier, today it is very easy to find various objects that mimic the general style of modern, for example, the same chandeliers with shades in the form of a flowering lily, fireplaces or doors.
- Modernity in the interior of the house is characterized by muffled, dull tones, but the best of them are still halftones. Of particular popularity is the project with a light green gamut and any shades of mauve. Ideal complement the interior is also gold or pearl gray furniture.