Living room - the central room in the house. This is where family members gather and go on various holidays. The choice of furniture for this room is very important. And if you choose a sofa is not so difficult (the main thing is to take into account the size of the model and determine the appropriate color), then the wall in the living room, or rather, its choice requires a more competent approach. It should not only complement the overall style of the interior of the room (modern, high-tech, Provence, etc.), but also be functional.
How to choose a wall in the living room
First of all, the choice of wall depends on the size of the living room (its design is also taken into account) - with a minimum or vice versa maximum number of sections, each of which is designed to store certain things. These are niches for TV, and shelves for dishes or books, and various display cases, and offices for sconces, and much more. Modern models often have narrow drawers, where you can put, for example, underwear.
Naturally, the appearance of the wall is equally important. Here again, the choice is not limited: models of wood with original carvings, the presence of complex panels, narrow or wide black and white stained glass windows, etc. However, you should not forget that the wall in the living room should be of high quality. It is best to give preference to furniture for the rooms of a practical, wear-resistant material, which is easy to care for.
- It is not recommended to install a dark wall in a room that has a long shape and white shades in the interior - the atmosphere will become uncomfortable and repulsive. But the classic light or pure white furniture looks great in any interior and in any premises.
- In order for the living room to be stylish and attractive, it is necessary to select all the furniture items from the same materials. Even better, it will be one set.
- For the manufacture of walls today use a variety of materials: MDF, laminated chipboard with panels and precious woods. Of course, the last option is considered the most prestigious, but not everyone can afford it. Melamine, colored and white lacquers, polymers and laminate are used as a coating.
- It is more profitable to buy custom-made furniture, as it is sometimes very difficult to choose a wall for your living room (especially if you need a corner) that perfectly fits into the overall design of the room.
- The wall should be compact, but at the same time, roomy (niches, various compartments, etc.). It is desirable that her cabinets were double-or tricuspid. In addition, to save space in the room and place a lot of things will allow the classic installation of the closet, and visually expand the living room - the original sideboard.
- The wall in the living room with stained glass windows, which can be of different colors (crystal white or vice versa color scale), gives the room a special luxury. Furniture with a carved eaves, which is equipped with lighting, looks no less impressive.
This option is suitable for people of conservative attitudes and principles. In the furniture stores there are various modern walls that can be installed both in new apartments and in old buildings. Usually, this furniture has the following configuration:
- Large wardrobes: wardrobe and book.
- Bedside table for TV.
- Shelving and open mezzanine.
Place it all along one wall.
To the note: today you can buy not only modern classical walls, but also antique specimens.
As a rule, these walls are made to order from natural wood using stained glass. The design often contains inlay. This is quite heavy and expensive furniture from the array. These walls are very large, so they can only be used in spacious living rooms.
This option has the shape of a triangle, and therefore ideal for placement in the corner of the room. For example, you can put there a wardrobe or a rack with mirrored doors that visually increase the living room space. As a rule, such a furniture set contains not only corner cabinets, but also various bedside tables from an array. Place them along two adjacent walls.
Walls are very popular nowadays, the design of which includes metal, wood, and various glasses at the same time. This style is called avant-garde. For example, in living rooms they often use the following method: they install two walls in white color next to each other and connect them with a chest of drawers or a wardrobe with mirrors.