Country style does not have a specific nationality. But considering that in translation from English "country" means "village", it can be assumed that he is still from England. Nevertheless, many countries associate with the Wild West, which connects it with America. Some even think that Scandinavian designers came up with the direction. But the point is that even today this style has a lot of fans around the world, and this is the main thing.
- The predominance of light calm pastel colors.
- Bold accents and bright colors are not allowed.
- Glossy surfaces in this style is an absolute taboo.
- Ideal tones for furniture are brown and white, as well as their derivatives (beige, chocolate, ivory, etc.).
- Very relevant for country soft blue and light green color.
- Dark colors of the furniture will give the room sullenness and even coldness, and in combination with dark walls they will make the situation gloomy, which will clearly contradict the basic theory of village style.
- Dark walls go well with light or cream furniture. Golden furniture accessories will make the room more elegant, but not fanciful, and also increase the room optically.
Country style kitchen furniture
In the kitchen room will be appropriate pieces of furniture with straight lines and shapes with the simplest decor, and better without it at all.
In the rustic-style kitchen, you can most often find such furniture accessories:
- Massive dining table made of plain wood, behind which it will be convenient to assemble the whole family.
- Simple forms are the most common wooden chairs, stools or benches.
- Antique sideboards, renovated or repaired by caring owners, if necessary. After all, antique furniture is valued much more than artificially aged. Every rare thing has its own history, once our ancestors used it. They had their own lives, and we had our own, and the furniture, which they then used, and now we will remain forever a kind of point of contact.
- Kitchen sofas are simple and easy-going.
- Wall cabinets or shelves should also be made in the general rustic style. If the attic does not have the appropriate furniture, you can use things with imitation semi-antique.
- With honor, old chests or baskets for storage of kitchen utensils will complement and even completely complete the existing image of antiques.
Country style living room setting
At the moment, a very common phenomenon is the combination of the living room, dining room, hall and even the kitchen room together. In this case, all the combined space should be arranged in the same style. And since country prefers only natural materials, you should forget about stretch ceilings, linoleum and plastic panels. Inappropriate in this style will look glass, glossy and chrome surfaces. But the use of artistic forging, especially imitating an aged metal or bronze, will be most welcome. For the living room is usually chosen wooden furniture made of pine, oak or cherry.
If you decide to make a bedroom in the country style, you know, in the end, you can with honor be called an exemplary example of comfort.
The room in this case provides for the presence of:
- Large wooden bed, always with a headboard.
- Bedside cabinets of wood of various breeds.
- Cabinet made of rough raw wood.
- Dressing table.