The range of floor sinks is very extensive and includes products of various shapes, design and color solutions. Modern plumbing performs two main functions - it is used for its intended purpose and serves as a subject of decor. Fashionable are solid products, which are a sink smoothly turning into a stable leg. Such products are completely different from traditional models, where the sink is installed on a separate stand, tight to the floor.
Along with the novelty, the floor stand with a sink is not inferior to its popularity, which is equipped with drawers and shelves where household chemicals and other numerous items and personal hygiene products are conveniently located. Given the variety of models, customers are not easy task of choosing plumbing.
Features of bathroom sinks
Due to the large variety of models, products can be selected for a specific interior and floor space. They must also satisfy all customer requests. For example, new models, presented in the form of floor-standing free-standing sinks, have rather large dimensions, which means that they are not suitable for small rooms, but in spacious rooms they look elegant and harmonize with exclusive interior design.
The modern approach to the design of the bathroom is based on more daring solutions, therefore, more and more objects are used that are unique and unusual in shape and design. A special place is occupied by sanitary ceramics, through which any ideas are easily realized, regardless of the style of the interior. Installing sinks floor type allows you to hide the sewer network and water pipes, which are served hot and cold water. This design feature makes the interior of the room neat and attractive. The novelty is an exclusive decoration that is impossible not to pay attention.
Modern plumbing in the bathroom is simply unique, and some types are a real sculpture and are designed to decorate the interior of elite premises.
Materials for the manufacture of sanitary products
Plumbing for the bathroom consists of artificial and natural materials, and which specifically apply, it is worth considering separately:
- Ceramics. The most common are white ceramic products, but on the modern market plumbing models are presented in different shades, ranging from light to dark tones.
- Artificial materials, in particular composites made from ground natural stone and resins, are widely used for the manufacture of floor-type sinks. Such products are analogues of "wild" stones and at a price much cheaper. The popularity of products won thanks to its durability. When touching the composite surface, there is no feeling of coolness.
- Plumbing from natural stone has high strength properties and throughout the entire period of operation is not amenable to mechanical and chemical influences that can lead to rapid destruction. Natural beauty is not concealed - the products attract the eye with their original colors, elegant look and elegance. The main disadvantage of natural materials is the high price.
It is considered fashionable black floor sink of the composite, which blends harmoniously into the environment, made in bright colors. Dark color harmonizes perfectly with white and dominates the light interior. Such items stand out well against the general background.
Types of shells in the form and method of installation
Depending on the material of the form of sinks, standing separately, can be very different. The most common are:
- Round floor sinks;
- Rectangular and square.
Less common are cone-shaped products, cut at a certain angle and complex configuration, but they are available and fit perfectly into the modern styles of the room.
A special place in the design of the bathroom takes an angular sink, which has a compact size. The filled corner makes the room more spacious and saves space in a small area. At the same time, the products are quite capacious, this is what makes them as efficient as possible when using the smallest room, because the issue of storage of detergents and household chemicals is solved, while everything you need is at hand.
Floor cupboard with sink
The space between the sink and the floor is occupied by a functional object - a cabinet that can withstand vertical loads. The floor accessory is selected for the parameters and the shape of the sink and the area of the room itself, which directly determines the number of sashes (one or two), shelves and drawers. Formed "tandem" must be combined with the surroundings and other furnishings.
In addition, the curbstones under the sink is assigned not only a decorative role, but also a more significant one:
- Behind them are plumbing and sewer pipes;
- Depending on the parameters, they can simultaneously perform the function of a locker and dressing table;
- It is also a spacious storage system.
By installing the accessory under the sink, in the bathroom there is free access to communications, which allows you to easily perform repair work (cleaning and replacement of pipes, taps and faucets).
When buying plumbing, attention should be paid to how taps and faucets are connected. The method of connection must correspond to the specific conditions of operation - directly into the sink, from the side (inset is performed in the cabinet) or on the wall.
Floor sinks of a monolithic construction or on a pedestal (with or without legs) differ:
- Practical and reliable;
- Convenience of use and functionality;
- High aesthetic performance and the ability to harmoniously fit into any interior;
- A wide variety of design and color solutions, forms and parameters.
Manufacturers offer an extensive selection of plumbing, which is different in style. This is minimalism and classic, Provence and retro, oriental, country, art deco, Japanese and nautical themes, so finding the best option for sanitary products does not make any difficulties. Properly chosen accessory will be pleasing to the eye, and create maximum comfort in the bathroom.