The modern market of finishing materials is full of various types of materials. Leading position takes tile. It has a number of preferential characteristics and has a rather extensive scope of application. It is laid on the walls, floor and ceiling in the bathroom, toilet, kitchen, hallway and even the living room. There are also various types of facing tiles for the street. The paving slabs are actively applied when creating landscape design - it is decorated with modern paths on personal plots. Let's take a closer look at this question and find out what materials are used to make tiles and whether it is worth buying this material at all.
Facing works from a tile - popular and demanded service in the price list of construction companies. And all because she has a full range of necessary qualities. As mentioned earlier, there are various types of floor tiles, which are characterized by increased wear resistance and protection from mechanical damage.
Floor tiles in the toilet - the most common option, which can be found, perhaps, in every Russian apartment. Tiles for the kitchen should be immune to changes in temperature and humidity. Some types of ceramic tiles are used to create the interior of the living room, here the main factor in the choice of material are aesthetic data.
When forming the exterior, squares for tracks are actively used. They must have a rough and tempered character, because the weather outside is very cold. In order to understand all this diversity, it is necessary to consider each option in more detail.
So, by appointment, the following types of ceramic tiles are distinguished:
- Facing and front;
Attention: ceramics is the most popular material today. It is used both inside the building for interior decoration and outside for cladding and decoration of facades. It perfectly tolerates temperature fluctuations and feels good even in frosty winter days. Now there are various types of tile laying that can even be mastered by a beginner builder.
It should be noted that the cost of the tile depends entirely on the conditions of its operation. For example, almost all types of paving slabs have a fairly high price, so when choosing materials, it is necessary to take into account the peculiarities of the environment. Consider a simple example: in a dry room with a normal microclimate, it is advisable to use all types of tiles.
They are inexpensive and fully satisfy all the requirements for them, depending on the type of surface. However, for the bath or combined bathroom, note, do not fit such varieties as gypsum tiles. And for the street paths and paths, of course, certain types of granite tiles are chosen, because it has the necessary set of qualities for operation in conditions of frost and rain.
As you already understood, depending on the needs and environmental peculiarities, manufacturers choose different materials. Clay and quartz varieties are used as raw materials. When applying the first category, a plastic mass is created that is easily molded.
Manufacturers add quartz sand to some types of tiles. He acts as a frame products. Feldspars and carbonates are also being introduced into the compositions. They are necessary in order, for example, ceramic floor tiles or facade tiles to acquire their hardness. When the process of mixing the ingredients is completed, the molding begins. After this, the base is dried. Then a layer of glaze is applied on it (color ornaments are superimposed on some types of decorative tiles). The result is fixed in furnaces at high temperatures. In stock products fit into packaging, excluding defective items.
The paving slabs for paths usually do not differ in excellent esthetic data, but its cost is rather high. This is due to the fact that it is endowed with high qualities of resistance to mechanical, chemical and other types of effects. The same applies to the facade tiles.
Main species and varieties
Today there are a huge number of production technologies. Now there are several types of ceramics. Let's look at this issue more alike:
- Almost all types of wall tiles are made from a material called biocutture. The surface of the ceramic tile in this case has a layer of enamel.
- Monoporosis - a tile of ordinary roasting. This technology is used when products must be large.
- Gres - painted over the entire area on both sides of the types of stoneware tiles. Moreover, tiled porcelain can be semi-polished, polished, matte and small.
- Coto is a single firing material made from red clay.
- The clinker has a dense base, therefore it is particularly hard. Certain types of clinker tiles are used to create landscape design.
- Majolica is made from large pore raw materials. Such products should not be laid in rooms with high humidity.
- Virtually all types of floor tiles are made from cottoforte.
- Faience has similar features with majolica, but the raw material for it has a snow-white color, which is its hallmark. These types of bathroom tiles are used primarily for wall decoration.
Products from a tile gained recently popularity in interiors of kitchens. Aprons from such material, as well as from polyvinyl chloride and vinyl, are easy to clean and blend in harmoniously with any design of kitchen units. And remember that on a black or dark background pollution is almost imperceptible.
If you are planning to repair, when buying a tile, you should be guided not only by its ability to withstand the "attacks" of the environment, but also by aesthetic characteristics.
- In wet rooms, laying of ceramic tiles is based on the fact that this material is almost not susceptible to aggressive "behavior" of moisture.
- In dry rooms look great inexpensive types of ceiling tiles.
- For facing the fireplace area fit all types of mosaic tiles.
- When making tracks in the country and paths give preference to paving slabs of the same shade as the facade of the house. So the overall picture will acquire complement and completeness. The stone blocks is excellent for such purposes. By the way, some types of paving slabs are distinguished by a sophisticated design and the presence of ornaments or patterns. Be prepared for significant expenses if you want the tracks on the site to look beautiful.
- If you are repairing a small room, use light types of ceiling tiles, but the floor is best done in a dark palette. Light flooring requires more frequent cleaning. In addition, over time, contamination penetrates into the deeper layers of products, which is why aesthetics suffer greatly.
- Practicality plays an important role. No matter what types of paving slabs or tiles for interior decoration you choose, it is important that they are easy to clean and harmoniously fit into the overall style.
At the end of the article I want to talk about the reverse side of the coin. Like any other coating, ceramic tile has a number of negative points. For example, it is quite tough, so it can not be laid in gyms or children's rooms. It is also advisable to mention the fact that in the process of careless operation, chips and cracks often appear. With the wrong choice of floor material, you can face the problem of sliding on the surface. Do you understand why the floor in the toilet or bathroom in the winter is very cold? In rooms where there is no source of heating, ceramic tiles quickly lose heat. As you can see, of course there are not as many disadvantages as advantages, but they should also be taken into account when carrying out repairs.