Free movement around the site will be a pledge not only of full-fledged work, but also of a comfortable rest at the country house, therefore, comfortable and safe paths should be equipped first of all. The best option for their design - paving slabs for tracks in the country.
Types of blocks
The classification of materials can be carried out according to the method of production: vibratory casting, vibropress:
- vibrocast - as a base cement mortar is used, in which plasticizing agents are added. Special vibroforms are filled with a mixture, from which water is gradually removed. The contents of the container are compacted, and then removed and dried (approximately 12 hours). Advantages of the method: it is possible to produce blocks of various shapes and various decorative surfaces. Disadvantages of the method: the products have low frost resistance, low strength, high price;
- vibropressed - the same mixture is used for manufacturing, and the method of production is different. The contents of the tank are exposed to high pressure. Thanks to this technology, the blocks acquire strength and density. Advantages of the method: tile better transfers temperature changes, mechanical stress. The disadvantages include a modest choice of shapes (mostly rectangles).
You can also distinguish two types of paving slabs, which are different materials of manufacture: granite (natural product) and plastic (artificial base).
For the manufacture of granite tiles (in the popular - cobblestones) slab sawing, and then split. Granite is a natural stone, which is characterized by high parameters of frost resistance and mechanical stability. The advantages of the tile are also a pleasant appearance, a long and reliable service life (about 25 years), and the minuses are the complexity of processing the blocks and the high price (due to expensive raw materials). When laying such a track, it is important to fix all the bars on the same level and try to keep the distance between the tiles to be minimal. The track will be flat if the product of 100x100x50 mm in size has an error of +/- 10 mm.
The plastic paving slabs for giving begin to slowly force out natural materials. The surface of the blocks successfully imitates natural textures, although the quality of the products is unambiguously inferior to samples made from natural materials. However, one cannot deny the advantages of plastic tiles: low price, excellent appearance, ease of installation.
How to choose paving slabs for giving?
In order not to miscalculate with the acquisition, it is advisable to take several criteria into account when choosing blocks.
- Climatic conditions. In regions that are characterized by regular and severe frosts and high humidity, it is desirable to lay vibropress or granite tiles. This is due to the fact that such products better tolerate sudden changes in weather.
- Load. To create well-groomed and intricate country lanes it is better to give preference to vibro-molded blocks. Since the offer of such products is very wide. But the driveway or parking space is recommended to lay out vibropressed blocks - the surface will be more durable and durable.
- Cost It is desirable for the design of suburban areas to use vibropressed tiles. This material has a low price and a good indicator of wear resistance. Most often, suburban areas are “inhabited” only during the warm period of the year, therefore, when choosing a material, one should be guided first of all by practicality and a monetary component.
For the decoration of the paths, paving slabs will suit for giving approximately 3 cm thick. Each gardener has his own ideas about beauty and practicality. Someone more like blocks with a smooth multi-colored surface, and some stack paths from bars of modest shades with a rough face.
Laying paving slabs at the cottage
A neat track of any materials gives the site a well-groomed look. If you correctly perform all the stages of laying paving slabs in the country with your own hands, the surface will retain a beautiful look for a long time.
Before starting work, you must accurately measure the area of coverage. The material is bought with a margin (for trimming and in case of battle) at about 20% with a linear layout and 30% with a diagonal one.
To put paving tiles, you will need materials: sand, crushed stone, cement (M400, M500), geotextiles.
The tools will be useful: rope / cord, pegs, rubber hammer, construction level, Bulgarian, shovel, trowel, tape measure, tamper (manual).
Technology laying paving slabs: the stages of work
- Marked boundaries of the track along its entire length. The width of the path is chosen individually. It is recommended to lay out the walkway with a width of at least 50 cm, and an economic one (to carry cars) - about 70 cm. It is important at this stage to provide a direction for the water flow.
- The layer of soil is removed (to a depth of about 7 to 40 cm). The thickness of the soil, which must be removed, is determined by: shrinkage and type of ground, height of the track above the site, thickness of the pillow. Be sure to remove the roots of plants and the soil is treated with herbicide. The earth is thoroughly packed.
- A layer of rubble is filled up and neatly leveled. It is necessary that the rubble lay evenly. Geotextiles are laid on top (to prevent weed growth and sand infiltration).
- A layer of sand is filled up, which is leveled (you can use a rake) and well tamped (it is better to wet the sand beforehand).
- Preparing a laying mixture: sand and cement are combined in a ratio of 1: 5. It is recommended to take sand slightly moistened. The composition is poured on the previous layer and slowly leveled. The surface is rammed. To make it smooth, enjoy the construction level.
- Lay paving slabs. Until the final completion of the work on the track can not be stepped on. During the whole process, it is necessary to monitor compliance with the pattern (if it is assumed). Each tile is tapped slightly with a rubber mallet - a certain level is controlled in this way.
- If there are hatches or any obstacles on the line of the path, they are carefully laid on them. The final design of the contour of the hatch is made from the remains of the tile at the end of the work.
- After covering the entire intended area, the gaps between the blocks are filled with the prepared mixture (sand and cement). To do this, it poured on the path and sweep a broom.
- Borders are installed along the edges of the walkway, which are fixed from the outside (they are poured with cement).
The smooth surface of the path is checked through the building level. The higher tiles are lowered with the help of a rubber hammer, and the sunken blocks are carefully removed, the sand is poured into the holes, and the tiles are again put in place, carefully tamping.
In areas of increased load (near the gate, near the benches), blocks should preferably be laid on cement mortar - this will give the masonry a special strength.
It is with the arrangement of the summer paths that the creation of a stylish and inimitable landscape design begins on the site. Walking along the well-groomed paths, you can safely and leisurely enjoy the natural beauty of flowers and plants.
Manufacturers of building materials offer enough varieties for the arrangement of paths in the cottages (clinker and rubber paving slabs). To simplify the selection, you can consult with professionals who will be able to properly assess the soil of the site, its slope and area.