The modern wallpaper market amazes with its breadth of assortment, variety of choice of shapes and color variations. Glass fiber has its rightful place in it in accordance with the high quality characteristics of the product, affordable prices and attractive opportunities to change the design of the premises.
Fiberglass wallpaper (glass wall paper) is a type of wallpaper woven from glass filaments with stabilizing impregnation. The yarn fibers are pulled at high temperatures, forming threads of different types and thicknesses. Then they are braided into the fiber from which the fabric is prepared, laid on the base. The basis of fiberglass are the mineral dolomite, lime, quartz sand and soda - materials of exclusively natural origin, which are not harmful to human health. Glass fiber ("cobweb") is obtained in the process of cold pressing.
There are several main types of glass cloth wallpaper with different texture and composition. The choice is wide enough, provided that the future design of the room finishing has already been formed in the head.
By type of material:
- Relief. Dense structure. With an image". Almost impossible to break.
- Smooth (fiberglass, glassware). Translucent thin sheets, the structure resembling a blotter. The texture is smooth. The density is low. Among the masters is called "cobweb". A good choice for those who like to design smooth walls without patterns. They are best used as ceiling wallpaper.
- Colored glass wallpaper.
- White or with a light beige tint. Usually for painting.
Advantages and disadvantages
The most durable finishing material has many advantages, highly appreciated by professional interior designers and amateur work with their own hands.
- The average lifetime of 30 years.
- The real possibility of repainting wallpaper Russian manufacturers up to 10 times.
- The average density of the material is 110-220 g / sq. m
- Whiteness up to 70%.
- They can not be harmful to health, because they are 100% environmentally friendly.
- Hypoallergenic. You can choose to stick in the nursery.
- Do not collect dust.
- Do not fade.
- Resistant to cleaning with chemicals and brushes.
- Reinforcing properties.
- Due to the richness of design and texture, glass wall-papers in the interior of the hall will look especially gorgeous. Thanks to the fortress, they will endure more than one year in the corridor. Without harm for themselves can replace non-woven wallpaper in the bathroom or kitchen.
- Resistant to the formation of fungal infections.
- Unlike popular non-woven wallpapers, they let the air through well.
- When water or hot steam hits, glass wall murals in the bathroom do not change the properties of the web and the texture, they still look fresh and beautiful, keeping the overall decor.
Glass fiber has almost no flammability property. In case of fire in the house do not emit poisonous gases. This is especially convenient for finishing the corridor in the apartment, through which you can quickly jump out of the burning space.
Undoubtedly, cullets of the world's leading manufacturers have more useful features, which can be personally seen after their acquisition. If the decor of the room in the future is planned to be updated frequently, it is advisable to opt for wallpaper with a clear textured pattern.
Glass fabric wallpaper for painting
Most glass cloth wallpaper designed for painting. The first coloring is made in two days after gluing. Then at least 12 hours.
Unlike non-woven wallpapers, water-based paints are not suitable for glass wall coverings. Here you need latex or acrylic "options." Acrylic paints are one continuous pluses. Do not smell, quickly absorbed and dry. You can work even in the winter without leaving home.