Classic style loft can not be called cozy or comfortable. It is a legacy of students of the 40s of the last century, who settled in the free premises of non-working factories.
Poor "lodgers" filled the empty brick cubes of buildings with old sofas and tables, and hung walls with homemade shelves and pasted over sheets of newspapers or posters. In general, there were few things, and the source of lighting was ordinary light bulbs without lamp shades.
All these features can be easily transferred to the space of an ordinary hallway.
Loft-style entrance hall should be laconic and lack of piles of furniture and things. The classic finish here is harmoniously combined with blotches of modern elements and expensive furniture.
Characteristics of the loft hallway:
- the minimum number of partitions;
- lack of drapery elements;
- the most simple wall decoration;
- good lighting;
- high ceilings;
- chrome elements;
- instead of wallpaper, only imitations for plaster, brick, or stone are allowed;
- division of space only with the help of furniture.
Ideal for a small hallway - to become a continuation of the living room. The border between these two rooms should be practically indistinguishable. For this reason, it is impossible to make the loft style affect only the entrance hall. Through this part of the house it extends to the rest of the space, the design of which is united by a common idea.
When making a design, it is permissible to use wood, granite chips, decorative textured plaster, etc. All this should create a deceptive atmosphere of abandonment, cold and damp. For the same reason, the use of the effect of aging, careless and partial painting is welcomed.
The most inexpensive combination is whitewashed walls and a ceiling with a high-quality and coarse wood floor. Together with well-chosen decorative elements, it will look very impressive.
Color and lighting
The loft-style entrance hall accepts only a very limited range of colors:
- the black.
Large windows are desirable for proper lighting, but they are usually not available in the hallway or hallway. In such a situation, built-in lights are used. There should be no protruding floor lamps, chandeliers and sconces. However, if the desire is still great, then you can make an unusual lighting fixture that will support the general industrial aesthetics.
Unnecessarily bright lighting is inappropriate, so it would be useful to provide for the possibility of alternately turning on and off the lights.
The interior of the loft-style hallway suggests the presence of a certain number of unusual and strange details with metal inclusions and hints of abstractness. However, they should not disrupt the general harmony of the room. Completely correspond to this idea of heavy floor hangers in the hallway, made in the old style.
How to choose furniture?
Any furniture for a loft-style hallway should:
- be made of leather (or leatherette), or other natural materials;
- have colors that are not very far from the main color range of the room (although a combination of contrasting colors is characteristic of the aggressive version of the loft);
- have a smooth facade and the absence of overly catchy elements;
- as much as possible to merge with the surrounding space;
- have a "natural" internal content (for example, made of wood).
It is good if you can get furniture on wheels in the loft-style hallway, since frequent changes are characteristic of this stylistic direction.
It is very appropriate in the loft hallway and wardrobe, which saves space and hides the excess things behind comfortable sliding doors, but its design will have to be subordinated to the general rules. If it has glass blotches, then it's better they will be dull.
Beauty is power, but only in combination with functionality, it can fully manifest itself. For this reason, you need to attend to the zoning and all the details of the room were so interconnected and inseparable, that the loss of any element would immediately be conspicuous. This can be achieved only under the condition that every thing will have a strictly defined place, and it will perform strictly defined functions.
Advantages and disadvantages
Using the design of the hall in the style of a loft can be noted for a few obvious advantages:
- such design is completely non-marking;
- there is a lot of free space;
- appearance of the room does not hurt the eyes, and therefore will not cause irritation;
- have the opportunity to show their ingenuity in the process of decorating.
But there is one drawback: this style is designed primarily for fans of the industrial style and may not suit those who need something more “domesticated” for comfort.
It is difficult to master something "swoop", and even more so a new design style. For this reason, it is better to take the path of least resistance and consult the list below of the most common mistakes associated with the design of a loft-style corridor. This will avoid their commission in the process of reworking the interior:
- zoning with the help of walls (for these purposes there is quite enough furniture and elements of secondary importance);
- application for decorating purchased statuettes and other metal "tricks" (all items used in the interior should be ordinary, found in everyday life, and not specially acquired);
- excessive amount of stylistically significant elements (it is better to adhere to the principle of maximum moderation);
- too frequent use of dark colors;
- using mirrors within frames (one should not forget that loft is a “brainchild” of poor students, they did not use mirrors in expensive and heavy frames, and in general - any pretentiousness contradicts the original idea of this style).
Loft-style entrance hall is a great choice for those who want to decorate their home interior in an original way. Despite the preference of spacious rooms, such a design can be implemented in a small area.