A large variety of materials sometimes complicates the choice of flooring in the kitchen. But certain knowledge about each type of decoration helps to create the perfect interior. The decor of the kitchen floor does not end with tile or linoleum, now there are many modern and versatile coatings.
Rumors that the material is not suitable for finishing the floor in the kitchen remain rumors. The fact is that the quality of this material directly depends on the price, and the more expensive it becomes, the safer it will be to decorate the room. Often, buyers are kept on a low price of linoleum, but after a short period of time they see damage on their floor. Modern materials and many of their types are coated with special protective mixtures, giving the coating additional strength.
Most people want to save not only on the cost of material, but also on repair work. Another misconception associated with the unsuitability of linoleum associated with improper laying of the coating, from which subsequently formed swellings and ruptures. Experts recommend putting commercial type linoleum, which is made with the expectation of strength and durability. Light or gray color of linoleum is better to choose for the interior of a small kitchen, and for a spacious room you can make a choice in favor of a dark color: black, dark gray or brown.
Wooden floor in the kitchen
Often when buying flooring in the kitchen, there is a choice between beauty and practicality. In its desire to acquire natural material, the consumer loses in the matter of durability of the coating.
- Wood is one of the most impractical materials that require regular updating and maintenance.
- It is difficult to use when zoning.
- The third drawback is the high price, but it is instantly compensated by a decrease in the cost of furniture selection, since such a floor will be harmonious in any interior and style.
- But here there is another drawback - the material readily absorbs any stains, it will be difficult to wash it, given the low moisture resistance.
Therefore, if the fact of the natural origin of the flooring is more important for you, then, most likely, you will be satisfied with your choice.
Marble in the kitchen
The price of luxury does not always live up to expectations, but this does not apply to such material as marble. Such coverage can rightly be considered unique, since it cannot be confused with any other. Stone coating has its own texture, original decor and almost glossy smooth surface. In the marble coating there are a number of advantages that make it better than linoleum or laminate, but it is unlikely that there will be such disadvantages that will be characteristic only of it. Like any other modern material, marble is subject to all sorts of scratches and chips. It is very difficult to install, the decor in black or brown marble is not suitable for a small kitchen. Otherwise, such a floor can be considered the most reliable coating.
The flooring, which can be called affordable, unlike marble, is laminate. The material is easy to put in both the small and the spacious kitchen itself, it is quite practical, and is sold at an affordable price. Its versatility is that you can choose almost any decor options - it can imitate wood, tile, marble, and also have a design pattern. In comparison with wood, laminate is better and more practical, as it is easy to clean and allows for the installation of a heating system. A common opinion is that the laminate is not moisture resistant, but if you pick up a material with a special coating, it will not only have a tremendous resemblance to an alternative tree, but will largely surpass it. This type of finish is suitable for both the interior of a small and spacious kitchen, no matter what color you choose: light and gray or zoning with black.
The advantages of laminate:
- Affordable price
- Easy care
- Big choice
- Easy to install
Ceramic kitchen floor
When comparing ceramic tiles with durable marble and warm laminate, the tile comes out on top. This is a suitable material designed for kitchen both small and spacious. Just like laminate, tile can imitate any textures and materials. Matte coatings are always protected with an additional layer, and installation is not only fast, but also cheap. There is only one condition that the house was warm, it is better to equip the floor with a heating system. With regards to tile, experts recommend this material to be used for wall decoration and kitchen apron. The tile is less durable, so when you buy should be interested in the method of manufacturing and cladding material.
Ceramic tiles or porcelain tiles?
Previously, porcelain can be represented only in construction. The high price of such finishing is justified by the beautiful appearance of porcelain stoneware and the minimal risk of damage and wear. The ceramic tile has practically the same qualities, which allows to compare their advantages:
- Resistance to chemicals
- Moisture resistance
- Fire resistance
- Variety of decor coverage
Kitchen floor color and design
- The black floor in the kitchen is no longer a novelty, but more and more people opt for black, using space zoning. The black floor can be in harmony with the white kitchen, especially with a glossy facade. But just like white, black floors will require constant care, so that the porcelain stoneware or classic tiles constantly reflect the mirror shine. In addition, this decor is not suitable for interior decoration of a small kitchen.
- A white kitchen floor is a way to create a modern interior without any problems with the design. Of course, unlike the black floor, it is harder to keep white in constant cleanliness, but it would be difficult to imagine the interior of the kitchen high-tech or minimalism without such a floor, especially in the case of zoning a small kitchen. Light or gray floor - the perfect finish for a small kitchen.
- Brown floor in the kitchen - a fairly common option that does not cause hassle with cleaning. It goes well with dark and light colors: white, black, gray. In the case of the brown floor, it is also possible to make the room zoning, so the floor will not conflict with any of the colors.
Combined kitchen floor
The opinion that it is better to engage in professional combinations in the interior is outdated. Now everyone can create a composition from several materials at once, and no matter which decor is better: white tile or dark linoleum, black tile or gray marble. You can make a choice in favor of white linoleum, which looks harmonious with light, gray tile on the walls and white furniture. Such decor is relevant for a small kitchen, where the choice of zoning is complicated by the lack of square meters. In the spacious kitchen you can make zoning, bedding light, gray or white linoleum in the dining part of the kitchen and brown, black or light tiles in the work area.
When combining finishes worth considering combinations. How to make a choice, tell the material. For example, a tile is not very "friendly" with linoleum, and a gray or light laminate with brown or black marble. The decor of a small or large kitchen should be similar in color or texture. It is better if the difference in materials performs the function of zoning in the interior.