Not everyone boasts a large, spacious and open kitchen. The metric area of apartments and houses is different for everyone, and the size of the kitchen does not always satisfy the wishes of the owners. Undoubtedly, a narrow kitchen, like any other narrow room, brings discomfort to its inhabitants. However, with the help of design solutions, skillful planning and well-chosen furniture from any narrow kitchen you can make a real paradise.
The narrow kitchen cannot be considered comfortable for several reasons:
- limited space of the room makes it difficult to move in it;
- because of the limited space it is impossible to create a full-fledged, specially organized dining place;
- in a narrow room you will not swing with the arrangement of furniture; the kitchen has to put only what is needed: a table, a refrigerator, a stove, and not something that is convenient and beautiful;
- a narrow room creates psychological discomfort: a person in such a room feels clutched in an invisible frame.
Smart layout for narrow kitchens
To visually increase the narrow kitchen, you must perform a competent layout. There are several options for this layout:
- Linear planning is a layout in which the kitchen unit is placed along the longest wall of the room, and the sink is placed between the refrigerator and the stove. That is, it should visually get some triangle.
- Corner layout - such a kitchen layout, in which furniture is placed along adjacent walls, leaving no gaps. At the same time, you can freely organize a dining space by the window, while maintaining a place for passage.
- The two-row layout is almost the same as the corner layout. Only if there furniture is arranged so that there are no gaps, that is adjacent, then everything is separate: along one wall, say, headsets, along the other - a dining place.
- U-shaped layout - the furniture is placed around the perimeter, leaving only a place for passage. Such a layout will visually increase the room, but, alas, it will not be possible to organize a dining place due to the limited space, so you need to take care of where the place for lunch will be.
Perhaps this is all known for today types of layouts for a narrow kitchen. All of them will allow you to visually expand the footage of the kitchen room. You just have to choose what you like - in which of the listed kitchen planning options you will feel as comfortable as possible.
Set for a narrow kitchen
The very first rule for a narrow kitchen is as little furniture as possible, especially massive, so for a kitchen you need to choose compact headsets, namely:
- The so-called "lightweight" version of the headset is an option that does not have the upper part. Instead of bulky cabinets, you can use open shelves - they will save space and make the room visually spacious;
- headsets with wardrobes - such cabinets do not clutter the space, they are ideal for a narrow kitchen;
- all sorts of original designs: bar tables, sliding tables, folding table tops. All this will play a dual role: the working surface and the dining place.
The interior of a narrow kitchen can be easily thought out by yourself. Here are some recommendations for this:
Laconic forms, glossy reflective surfaces, simplicity of design will help to add space to the room. As for color, for a visual increase in the room it is better to choose light colors, especially white, blue, olive and beige. Posters with horizontal drawings, wallpapers and other types of decor will also add space to the kitchen.
As for the floor, in a narrow kitchen it is better to lay out a laminate or tile so that the boards (tiles) run diagonally - this will help to achieve volume visualization.