Despite the fact that today paper-based wallpapers are trying to oust the market, they continue to be in great demand among the population. Like two hundred years ago, they are the most popular way to decorate walls. And it does not depend on the status or financial position of the buyer. What is the secret of their popularity?
The merits of paper wallpaper
The advantages of paper wallpaper:
- A rich assortment, and this greatly facilitates the choice of the desired color, the desired pattern or a specific key.
- Paper-based wallpapers are one of the most environmentally friendly materials (natural raw materials are used in production, and the glue necessary for working with them does not contain harmful components).
- This type of material forms a "breathable" coating on the walls, which is another undoubted advantage.
- Ease of use (gluing paper wallpaper is a snap, it does not need special skills).
- Affordable price is another factor that plays a significant role in the selection.
Types of paper wallpaper is initially divided into: single-layer and multi-layered. The first ones are often called "simplex" (in Latin, it sounds like "simple") - this is the most common form.
Since the composition of the wallpaper is completely natural, the canvas is perfectly breathable, which allows the walls to "breathe" and eliminates the formation of mold or fungus. Such single-layer paper wallpapers are great for decorating walls in dry rooms.
Also made on the basis of paper. They owe their name to a polyvinyl chloride film applied to the surface (this makes the material stronger). They have a long service life, are non-toxic and resistant to wet environments.
Non-woven paper-based wallpaper has a wide range of positive qualities. The surface can be any: completely smooth or embossed. For their durability in response, flizelin (pressed cellulosic material). Its structure allows it to avoid deformation when wet and dried.
DIY repair or how to glue paper wallpaper
If you are planning to repair "one day", then you can paper thin wallpaper pokleit over the old. But remember that everything that is done in a hurry is not of good quality.
The order of work
They always start from the corner (wallpaper in stripes requires close attention, since the slightest mistake will give an unpleasant imbalance).
- Wallpaper cut lengthwise. Exceptional attention is paid to those species where the drawing requires combining.
- Glue prepared according to the instructions. Then it is applied to the wallpaper very carefully, especially while working on the edges of the sheets. After a few minutes, it is absorbed (do not apply it more than two wallpaper strips).
- It is recommended to work the corners and openings with PVA glue (it will not be too much to miss the seams on the wallpaper).
- Further sheets are applied to the mark on the wall and glued.
- First smooth with a soft cloth, then a spatula or a brush. Be careful! Especially if you are in the hands of thin and smooth paper wallpaper.
- At the end, measure the width of the remaining section. This must be done in order to cut the last sheet before applying the glue.
During operation, make sure that the doors and windows in the room are closed to prevent drafts (before the material dries on the walls).
Modern paper wallpapers delight with their variety of colors and textures. You can easily choose the desired, regardless of the complexity of design ideas or your own fantasies: not only walls are pasted over with walls, but also pieces of furniture, door panels, make an interesting ceiling finish.