In the world of bathroom fixtures for the bathroom, a wall-mounted toilet is very popular these days - it is a practical, stylish, comfortable, interior object. Unlike his "brother", a floor-mounted toilet, it saves space in the room and is suitable even for the smallest and closest restrooms. What are the advantages of a suspended toilet, this newfangled element of modern plumbing?
The disadvantages include the following:
- for the installation of such a toilet bowl it is required to build an installation: a special steel frame on which the toilet is mounted, which may require some damage in the restroom (if the owner decides to hide it in the wall);
- a wall mounted installation for a suspended toilet should be fixed to a solid base; a partition wall is not suitable here;
- for the installation of such a fashionable element, it is better to call specialists, which will entail certain monetary costs;
- may have to move sewer and water pipes;
- the cost of a suspended toilet bowl is several times higher than the usual traditional one.
What is guided when choosing a suspended toilet?
The choice of a suspended toilet is a serious matter and does not tolerate haste. Which is better to choose? With a round or rectangular bowl, and maybe with an oval? Black or white, classic or minimalist - there are a lot of types and forms of this plumbing item.
There are also a lot of materials from which a toilet can be made: ceramics, glass, plastic, polymer concrete, porcelain. Everyone can choose the option that fits perfectly into the overall style of the bathroom.
- A niche is made in the wall for installation of the installation, which is attached only to the supporting wall. Its depth is usually 15-20 centimeters, a height of 1 meter and a width of 60 centimeters. A tank is already attached to the steel structure, it is fixed in 4 places (2 up, 2 down on the floor). This makes it possible to arrange it at any height. The steel structure must be perfectly vertical and horizontal. The internal work of the whole mechanism depends on this in the future.
- Sewer and water pipes lead to the place of installation. The pipe diameter should be 10 centimeters, it should be at a certain angle.
- Connection to sewer and water pipes is made. First connect to the sewer, then to the water supply. It is best to use pipes made of polypropylene or copper - they are the most durable and wear-resistant.
- Then water is supplied to the drain tank, which is made of high-quality plastic, from its external side no condensate is formed.
- Then the niche is closed with moisture resistant plasterboard and the flush button is attached.
- The wall is finished with ceramic tiles.
- The final stage: the toilet bowl is hung, it is connected to the tank and the sewer pipe. Standardly height of a suspended toilet bowl makes 40 centimeters from a floor. Set flush button. And everything is a complete sensation of an object hanging in the air.
In a pair to the toilet you can always buy a bidet, if space permits and you want to diversify the interior of the toilet room. The bidet is installed next to the toilet. Has its obvious advantages when carrying out hygienic procedures. To date, the bidet has a number of useful functions: adjustment of the water pressure, automatic mechanism of the lid, the drying system with warm air, the so-called "hair dryer", water massage, remote control.
In order to decide which wall-mounted toilet is better to purchase, you need to decide on the main selection criteria: get acquainted in detail with the technical characteristics of a particular model, choose the color and shape of the bowl. And, of course, measure the value of the purchase with their financial capabilities. Then this necessary element of the bathroom will delight its owners for many years of flawless work.