Metallic in most cases associated with the traditional gray shade. Its prototype is aluminum. It is anodized aluminum surface that has a specific attractive luster, which is created by the smallest particles that make up its composition. Kitchens metallic colors can be painted not only in gray tones, but also in any other.
For a kitchen set, not only practicality, functionality, but also appearance are important. Attractive glare and bright facades can overshadow the usual furniture options. Consider the main features of metallic color models, as well as their color variations.
Advantages and disadvantages
The performance characteristics of MDF kitchens painted with enamel with the addition of aluminum powder have no differences from the facades, which are covered with ordinary enamel. For this reason, the advantages and disadvantages of such furniture are no different. Differences are observed in the decorative properties.
Furniture with metallic PVC film has many advantages:
- the surface of products is absolutely smooth to the touch, so cleaning does not require much effort;
- on red, purple, gray metallic fingerprints are less noticeable in comparison with conventional headsets;
- the coating has a durability, which is manifested with proper care, the film is durable, for a long time will please the homeowner with its technical properties;
- PVC is resistant to abrasion and to the effects of various detergents;
- a variety of various textures and color palette allows you to choose the best option for any home;
- material resistant to UV rays;
- PVC is characterized by environmental safety and simplicity in care;
- the ability to implement almost any design decisions;
- One of the main advantages of film facades is their affordable price compared to similar finishing options.
Along with numerous advantages, PVC has some significant drawbacks:
- the film is able to deform and peel off with prolonged contact with moisture or under the influence of high temperatures;
- Damage caused by abrasive cleaning compounds and mechanical effects may remain on the surface of the material;
- it is impossible to recover the defects that have appeared.
Manufacturers of furniture with a film facade recommend the use of an extractor in the interior of the kitchen, which will help extend the life of the furniture.
The rating of shades almost completely coincides with the popular colors that are used for painting cars.