This is an amazing piece of furniture, with an expressive graceful look, an impressive luxury that does not age with age. The chester sofa, created 3 centuries ago, was named after the furniture maker Chesterfield. The product has managed to maintain its authenticity today. True, modern models have been somewhat improved in detail, but the canonical original forms remained unchanged.
Even visually, the Chesterfield leather sofa is significantly different from traditional antique counterparts:
- armrests with a back design are the same in height and thickness;
- the presence of a curl on top of the armrest, which reminds us of the English classics influenced by the Baroque;
- the silhouette that Chester has a sofa expands at the top, while preserving the rectangular shape of the model;
- the original refined decor, in the frontal part of the structure, which does not affect the seating position, has a diamond shape (zipper-capitone), trimmed with dotted elements where the threads intersect;
- Chester sofa upholstery is genuine leather or a high-quality synthetic substitute.
Varieties of models in shape and skin
As a plating modern manufacturer uses:
- Artificial leather;
- Natural skin;
- Faux suede.
The shape of the Chester sofas are:
The first is a straight chester sofa, most often produced in a two-bedroom or three-bedroom version. Corner in a more spacious variation with a sleeping place or without it, its design is equipped with one or more rotary modules.
Materials and product design
The original design of this classic Chester sofa:
- Colour. The traditional color is brown-red with different intensities. Leading manufacturers offer an angular sofa Chester or straight in more than 40 shades, ranging from the usual for this model green, brown or red to milky white or avant-garde silver.
- Legs. They should not be short, but tall, made in a conical or barrel-shaped form. In the original, they should be embellished with decorative dotted elements. The current shape of the legs can be spherical, on wheels, hidden support.
- Forms. English sofa Chester, without exception, all manufacturers have a classic shape that has not changed much, after so much time.
- Assembly. All models are assembled by hand.
- Frame Sofa Chester Triple or Double has a frame made of natural wood.
- Upholstery. The base is covered with material, painted by a special technology, most often it is velor or genuine leather.
- Filler. Sofa Chester Faux leather filled with natural horsehair.
Foreign sofas can be filled with better filling, but they are several times more expensive.
Chester sofa and interior
Could anything be more perfect than the Chesterfield triple sofa in the interior, especially in the classic? It will never go out of fashion, will continue to decorate the interior of the premises:
- In libraries and workstations made in the classical or colonial style decision, models with dark leather upholstery will look great.
- In the guest room, decorated in retro style, shebbi-chic or art deco, the model with an open armrest ornament, curl on top, will perfectly fit. It is interesting to look at sofas upholstered in aged artificial leather and rich-looking mahogany legs.
- In the living room, made in modern styles of modern and loft, you can put an angular sofa Chester double with velvet monophonic or velor upholstery in black or snow-white color with legs in the same colors.
- The brighter the Chester folding sofa will be chosen, the more stylish and contrast the room will look. It will be an accent that can dilute the meager image of the design. Therefore, for neutral interiors often choose very rich and bright shades of sofas, sometimes even acidic options.
It must be borne in mind that all models of Chester sofas are installed in fairly spacious rooms, only there they can look the way they deserve.