Glass in the room allows you to create the most modern unusual interior. Transparent compositions are appropriate in a residential building and in office space. It remains only to determine the basic interior concept and choose a suitable glass floor.
The advantages of glass designs
Glass itself looks interesting in any interior. The material allows you to create interesting details that in the future may become the most complex construction in luxury apartments or a concise addition in a compact apartment.
The glass floor in the apartment will visually expand any space. The thought-over design will allow to create indoors feeling of weightless floating in air.
Today, transparent glass floors, complemented by lighting from LEDs or fluorescent lamps, are particularly popular. This technique will allow even a modest glass path or a small mosaic window to turn into an exquisite composition. In some cases, such light locations play the role of an additional light source.
To understand what design ideas really translate into reality, and what ideas should be abandoned, you should carefully understand what the design itself is. The main element is a stable base, which will be responsible for the strength and reliability of the mounted floor.
Experts recommend using triplex - a three-layer composition, each layer of which is more than 7 mm. Layers are combined into a single canvas with a polymer film. In some cases, use the so-called laminated glass. This is a hardened material that is covered with an impressive layer of polymer. Hollow glass microspheres give strengths to the product.
Laminated glass is not subjected to cutting at all. Produce products by casting, giving the elements a pre-designed shape and size. It is important to take into account, giving preference to this material. If measurements of the area under the future glass floor will be incorrect, it will not be possible to fit in place.
To save on the quality of the material is categorically undesirable. It is better to reduce the design itself, replay the main points in the interior, thus saving.
Argued that the floor of the glass elements can play a purely decorative role. In fact, the original design is very functional. Depending on the size, configuration of color solutions, the presence of auxiliary attributes and its functionality will depend.
Types of glass floors:
- The window is an element, popular in country cottages or multi-level apartments. The usual transparent opening, nobly decorated with laconic accessories, literally plays the role of a window. The only difference is that such a niche, which acts as a connecting element between floors, takes not a vertical, but a horizontal position;
- The interfloor overlap is an architectural delicacy, rarely found in apartments, but effectively complementing luxurious private ownership. In fact, the design takes the position and plays the role of a window, but it looks much bigger and more interesting. Transparent floors usually try to decorate interesting, given the overall interior idea. For example, they form a real aquarium in glass voids or create a space installation with unusual illumination;
- A floor with a complex decorative composition is a design that allows the room to be given a specific stylistic coloring. Sometimes glass elements are so decorated that the lightness and fragility of glass disappear, and the window becomes the bottom of complex textural installations;
- Glass podium - a design that rises above the general canvas of the floor. It can be very complex and texture through the use of auxiliary decorative elements or to identify the "gold standards" of minimalism and concise restraint. Illuminated glass floor in the form of a podium is a “classic” attribute in film studios, night clubs, and various entertainment complexes. However, it may look quite organic in a simple apartment.
There is another view - the glass panel on the floor, presented as a finishing material for finishing. Usually use an opaque canvas, not burdened with decorative elements. Blocks of glass used on a par with other finishing materials, forming a single coating.
Decorative compositions: creative and sophistication on the background of ghostly fragility
The transparency of the basic material allows you to experiment to the maximum. The easiest option to refine the space is a transparent floor, which occupies almost the entire area of the room. The following elements can be placed under the completely transparent glass:
- Ceramic tiles;
- Patterned materials or volumetric installations;
- The composition of river stones and pebbles;
- Create a surreal decor of broken glass, original accessories, combined with the main interior room;
- Place sand or imitate a different kind of soil, creating the illusion of natural cover;
- Create a beautiful aquarium with real fish, spectacular algae and proper decor.
Such compositions are beneficial to create in small rooms. For example, in the bathroom. The materials will need a minimum, and the effect will exceed all expectations. In addition, glass, tile, marine elements, attributes of water and animalistic motifs are always organically fit into the atmosphere of the bathroom.
Niches in the floor
Even cheaper to create a niche in the floor. On the one hand, miniature windows are much more difficult to beat stylistically. It is not always possible to convey with the help of the decor some idea without bending the stick with it.
On the other hand, having a minimum amount of materials and decorative attributes, you can create a unique element in a modern apartment. Even in the smallest apartments there is a niche for an exclusive installation.
Marine themes for decorating niches (both wall-mounted and floor-standing) are extremely in demand. To design a full-fledged aquarium with beautiful live fish and algae, you will have to invest a lot of effort, money and your own imagination.
If the desire to make a glass floor is not associated with financial freedom or the desire to decorate the home space too elaborately, there is always an opportunity to choose an extremely simple and convenient option. For example, you can create a mosaic floor, decorating the selected area with bright glass details.
To give the glass pronounced decorative qualities resorted to the use of the following technologies:
- Sandblasting is a process that allows to form original drawings on glass, which ultimately look like delicate engraving;
- Matting - giving the glass a noble dullness or the formation of a specific pattern by matting individual pieces of the canvas;
- Etching - applying decorative elements and patterns using special chemical solutions;
- Malirovaniya - heat treatment of glass sheets in order to give a special form to the element.
Glass cloth, decorated with silk-screen images, film stencils, special tinting and other methods, in itself looks spectacular and attractive. Whatever the initial idea of creating a glass floor, this attribute will give the whole house a special gloss and charm. Any room will be transformed and will look much more impressive.